Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different access/views between my account and students

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
clarkbd
108 Views, 3 Replies

Different access/views between my account and students

Sorry, but I had no idea where I should be posting this.

I have a curious problem I don't know where to even start to address.  It seems like my students have access to something I don't, and I can't understand why.  My students have an "Admin" link under their account.

student account.png

I do not have this same access....

clark account.png

I'm also annoyed by the fact that in my data panel I can add colaborators.  My students cannot (mainly me).  They have to go onto the cloud...under that admin link as referenced above to find the link to add me.  Then...it gives me access to their entire cloud, not just the single project I want to be able to see.

I'm not a newbee at Fusion.  I've been using it prolifically for probably 10 years. It's all I've been using for CAD/CAM instruction and design.  But these changes and variances are annoying.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dan.banach
in reply to: clarkbd

Hi @clarkbd 

Thanks for the post and good questions.

1. Since you've been using Fusion 360 for awhile, you may still be using a Single-User Storage hub. A few years ago, new Fusion 360 user automatically created a Fusion Team that has more capabilities like Admin functions. We recommend updating and transfering your projects to a Fusion Team. Click here for instructions on how to transfer Fusion 360 projects from Single User Storage to a Fusion Team.
  2. With the new Folder-Level Projects (introduced in January 2022 to Education accounts) you need to add members to a project / folders and assign roles via Fusion Team.

Here are two resources that may help.

Does this help?

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 4
clarkbd
in reply to: dan.banach

Thanks Dan!  I knew that, but I don't think I completely understand the entire concept behind it.  Last year, and years before, it wasn't this complicated.  I noticed I didn't have the admin, but it wasn't an issue sharing files.  

Message 4 of 4
dan.banach
in reply to: clarkbd

Hi @clarkbd 

When you create a new project in Fusion 360 with an Education account, it will be a Folder-Level Project. With a Folder-Level Project, you can assign members' roles to specific folders. Previously, a member in a legacy project was able to do whatever they wanted (honor system).

If desired, in Fusion Team you can still create the legacy projects. After the legacy project is created, it should work as they did previously. 

Does this help?

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report