Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting my educational account

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
michael.moers
189 Views, 8 Replies

Connecting my educational account

I have been verified as an educator through Autodesk by my Fusion 360 still have a trial of 5 days left. I have cleared the cashe and logged out and back in.  Can you help me?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
dan.banach
in reply to: michael.moers

Hi @michael.moers 

Sounds like you confirmed your eligibility, but still need to acquire a Fusion 360 license. Can you please try the following.

1. Log into the Autodesk Education site
  2. To acquire a Fusion 360 license; on the Fusion 360 product card click "Get product"

danbanach_0-1663037576084.png

1. Then click "ACCESS"

danbanach_1-1663037576085.png

1. Sign out and back into Fusion 360

Please let us know if this helps.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 9
jmackniak

Wait until you try to get your student's 'student accounts.'  That is always a challenge.  Some will no issue and log right in and other students will have similar trouble.  Nothing is easy.

Message 4 of 9
dan.banach

Hi @jmackniak 

We know that some students struggle to confirm their eligibility and we are working on smoothing out the process. When possible, students should use their school email address. Accounts with generic emails like gmail may take another step to confirm their eligibility.

As an educator, you can now assign licenses to your students. Educator’s guide to onboarding and offboarding students. With this process, students don't need to confirm their eligibility.

Hope this helps.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 5 of 9
jmackniak
in reply to: dan.banach

Unfortunately, My students cannot use their school email accounts. Their
school accounts are for internal use only. This creates another layer
of confusion and frustration.

Message 6 of 9
jmackniak
in reply to: jmackniak

I am back at it again.   Students create Autodesk account (they don't need to download fusion as it is installed in the lab).  The open fusion, their initials are appearing in the top corner but they only have a 30 day trial and it doesn't let them save their work.   

If they go back to the software page, they click on fusion and the computer wants to download the software. 

Why is this so complicated??   

Message 7 of 9
dan.banach

Hi @jmackniak 

Creating an Autodesk account and verifying your eligibility allows you to then request licenses for Autodesk software. Please ask your students to do the following.

To acquire a Fusion 360 Education license, do the following.

1. Log into the Autodesk Education site and if needed verify your eligibility.
  2. To acquire or renew your Fusion 360 license; on the Fusion 360 product card click "Get product".

danbanach_1-1682527315326.png

1. Then click "ACCESS".

danbanach_2-1682527315327.png

1. Launch Fusion 360.
  2. If the Education license does not appear on the top of the screen as shown in the following image, sign out and back into Fusion 360.

danbanach_3-1682527315327.png

Please let us know if this helps.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 8 of 9
jmackniak
in reply to: dan.banach

Thanks Dan,

Yes those are the steps we take.  The issue that I experience routinely is wonky.    We have Fusion set up and installed on the desktops in the lab.    When the student applies and sends in their school credentials everything is great.  They then go back to the Education portal/website ( as you show in your post)  they select 'Get Product' and then they start to download the software.      But yet it works fine for some random student- no explanation 

Sorry Dan, I cant check the box to Accept the solution. 

Message 9 of 9
dan.banach

Hi @jmackniak 

Thanks for the update. Via Private Message, can you send me the email addresses of the students who are unable to sign into Fusion? I'll ask our support team to look at the accounts.

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report