Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about my Education License type.

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
cfree3
383 Views, 8 Replies

Confused about my Education License type.

I recently migrated everything over to my brand new education licensed account. I am the manager of a lab at a large university and wanted to switch as much as i can over to fusion and one day make templates, tool library's and so on available to students and faculty via Teams. Well i'm running into some strange things. I opened fusion up on my home computer and all of my templates are gone and all my settings were default. now it says i have a trial ending in 26 days and that i am a primary admin. What does this mean? I have seen some confusing things about the Lab licensing but i did not select that to my knowledge. At my university students and faculty seem to just verify their eligibility then download and go from there. Is something wrong with my account or do I need to take action in any way?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
o.briggs
in reply to: cfree3

Hi! Sorry to hear you are having issues! Firstly, can I ask you to log out and log in again to 100% make sure that you are logged in with the same account that has been verified for education? It sounds like you could have educational access, but not have a license for Fusion 360. This is the most common reason that people get the trial coming up. To fix this, go to the “get products” page of the Autodesk Education website, sign in, and download Fusion 360 again. You don’t need the actual installer, but the process of doing this activates a new license for Fusion 360.

Oliver Briggs
Community Manager - Education
Are you an education user?
Check out our Students & Educators Community
Please 'Like' posts that are helpful.
If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Accept Solution'

Message 3 of 9
o.briggs

Once you have downloaded the installer, 

Log out, close Fusion and re-open it again and see if the trial notifications are gone. (It should say “education license” in the top left corner) 

this is separate to your files and templates. Templates are typically stored as actual files in the data panel. If you can’t find these you may be in the wrong team and need to switch (which can be done from the drop down menu in the very top left of the data panel) 

Be aware that when selecting templates, previously used templates may be stored as local cache data and not transfer between computers, so you may need to click “browse” from the templates drop down menu and select the template file  directly again. If none of this works, let me know and we can find some new solutions! 

Oliver Briggs
Community Manager - Education
Are you an education user?
Check out our Students & Educators Community
Please 'Like' posts that are helpful.
If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Accept Solution'

Message 4 of 9
dan.banach
in reply to: o.briggs

Hi @cfree3 

To add onto @o.briggs suggestions. Can you try to  acquire a Fusion 360 Education license. If you're not able to complete the following steps, your Autodesk Education profile may be set to IT Admin. IT Admin  are not able to get individual licenses.

1. Log into the Autodesk Education site and if needed verify your eligibility.
  2. The get or update your Fusion 360 license; on the Fusion 360 product card click "Get product".

danbanach_0-1664730372059.png

1. Then click "ACCESS"

danbanach_1-1664730372060.png

1. Launch Fusion 360.
  2. Sign out and back into Fusion 360.

Hope this helps.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 5 of 9
cfree3
in reply to: dan.banach

It looks like these solutions both worked and didn't work. I was able to follow @dan.banach and @o.briggs instructions but on my web profile it still says I need to purchase the product in 25 or so days. Maybe these are referring to the extensions? 

On a side note I am also confused about the lab tab. When I click that it brings the screen in my second post. I'm not sure thats something I should concern myself with. Currently all LSU students and educators just get a license if they verify eligibility. Do I need to look into this Lab feature?

Message 6 of 9
cfree3

And I should mention, these screen shots are all from my work computer. Everything looked normal as as far as libraries go within fusion. I'll confirm later some possible confusion with using the wrong team on my personal home computer. 

I'm just looking to make sure everything looks ok and is working seamlessly before I invest a great deal of time into this account.

Message 7 of 9
dan.banach

Hi @cfree3 

Thanks for the images. Looks like your Education Eligibility is confirmed, but you have not yet acquired a Fusion 360 license. Licenses to individual products are not automatically assigned. As shown on your last image, click Access on the Fusion 360 product card. This will get you an Education license of Fusion 360. Then start Fusion 360. If the license is not changed to Education License, log out and back into Fusion 360.

danbanach_0-1664742553558.png

The Lab version of Fusion 360, only changes where Fusion 360 in installed; All Programs vs. Active Profile (for the individual install). With the Lab version, each user still has to acquire a license of Fusion 360.
Does this help?

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 8 of 9
cfree3
in reply to: dan.banach

@dan.banach Looks like I'm good to go. Both home and office are synced and all my cloud based stuff is on both as it should be. A fresh reinstall on both computers and following your instructions at both locations got it corrected. Seems like this stuff could be more straightforward as its all a pretty confusing with the many webpages involved. Alot of which feel hidden and make you log in dozens of times. 

Please confirm that i'm good to go.

Message 9 of 9
dan.banach

@cfree3 

Sorry that the process was difficult. Looks like you have a valid Education license. I’ll pass your feedback onto the team.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report