Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find and download the downloadable appearance materials. MAC OS system

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
s3715557
531 Views, 7 Replies

Cannot find and download the downloadable appearance materials. MAC OS system

I can not find the downloadable appearance materials in my library. I want download more appearance materials. 

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
dan.banach
in reply to: s3715557

Hi @s3715557 

It sounds like Fusion may have a pending update. Can you close and restart Fusion 360 and see if this solves your issue. After restarting Fusion 360, please verify that the current version is 2.0.1381. In the upper-right corner of the Fusion 360 screen click on the ? > About. 

Keep us posted.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 8
s3715557
in reply to: dan.banach

I have restart fusion 360 many times, I even downloaded the Fusion 360 again. But it still can not found the downloadable appearance materials. My current version is 2.0.13881. I think there is no pending update the software.

Message 4 of 8
dan.banach

Hi @s3715557 

Thanks for confirming that you're running the current version of Fusion 360. With Fusion 360, there isn't an Appearance library that you need to download. The individual appearances that are not downloaded will appear with a download icon to the right. Is there a specific appearance that is missing?  

To confirm that Fusion Appearances are working, in the Appearance dialog box, expand the Leather and Cloth folder > Leather Does your screen resemble the image?

Thanks,

-Dan

danbanach_0-1662479429099.png

Dan Banach

Message 5 of 8
s3715557

Dear Dan,

The Fusion Appearances seems not working, because I don't have the Leather and Cloth folder. My only leather folder is in the fabric folder. In my leather folder only has one material(Leather - weathered). I open all the folder there is no download icon in the appearance. I saw my classmate fusion appearances they have lots of downloadable appearance that I don't have. Actually, I can saw these extra materials with download icon a few days ago. At that time I click the download icon and it been downloading the appearance for a long time. I still can not use that appearance, so I thought it was crash or something. Then I restart the fusion and all the download appearance was gone. Until now I restart many time and download again the fusion. I still have no idea why I don't have that appearances. BTW sometimes it will pop up the server verification warning, is it these problem affect the downloadable appearance? I have no idea how to solve these problems too.

Message 6 of 8
dan.banach

Hi @s3715557 

A few ideas.

1. Can you take your computer to a different location and try it on a different network?
  2. Can you verify you have the settings in this article set correctly Ports and Domains required by Fusion 360?
  3. Verify that all updates are applied to your Mac OS.

Let us know what you learn.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 7 of 8
dan.banach

Hi @s3715557 

Thanks for checking the Solved option on my last post. Can you tell me what option solved your issue?

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 8 of 8
s3715557

I have modify the proxy server and firewall settings in macOS for Fusion 360.

1.    Choose > Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Network
2.    Choose the network service you use from the list, for example, Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
3.    Click Advanced, then click Proxies
4.    Copy and paste the domains below in the Bypass proxy settings for these Hosts & Domains field.

*.autodesk.com; *.autodesk360.com; *.google-analytics.com; *.akamaiedge.net; *.amazonaws.com; uploads.protolabs.com; www.mcmaster.com; *.akamaitechnologies.com; *.tracepartsonline.net

5.    Select OK and Apply

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report