Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Educational License use the new Plastic Function?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
eduabbot
408 Views, 3 Replies

Hi all, 

Such as Snap fit or boss, those function are very important for my product design students.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dan.banach
in reply to: eduabbot

Hi  eduabbot,

Thanks for the question. Valid Autodesk Education Accounts can access many of the Fusion 360 Extensions including the Product Design Extension. To add an Extension, follow these steps.

1. While in Fusion 360, on the top-right corner of the screen click on Extensions.
    danbanach_0-1644331166065.png
  2. In the Extensions Manager Dialog box, select the desired Extension.
  3. Then in the dialog box click Start Access. The following image shows the Nesting and Fabrication Extension.
    danbanach_1-1644331282857.png

4. The Extension will now be available. Note that most of the extensions are available for 30 days. At the end of 30 days you'll need to repeat steps 1 - 3. This is the same experience that our commercial clients have. They can use extensions for the time period that they need.
    danbanach_2-1644331461035.png

Please let me know if this helps.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 4
eduabbot
in reply to: dan.banach

Very nice!

Thank you!

Message 4 of 4
MattPerez314
in reply to: eduabbot

In addition to that make sure you go to the User Preferences and into the Preview.  Volumetric Lattice and the Design Assistant tools are both in PDextension but are preview and need to be activated I do believe.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report