Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a360.co blocked by school district

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
alex.kane
442 Views, 10 Replies

a360.co blocked by school district

Hello,

I recently had my students share their work with me via link. The URLs all begin with a360.co which I discovered is blocked by the school district (Orange County Public Schools - Florida). I submitted an unblock request which they rejected because of the following:

"Per ITS - Too many phishing attempts that use bitly url and any of URL shorteners to trick users into clicking on the fake URL."

I was hoping I could get an Autodesk employee to provide any information that might help me plead my case to get this URL unblocked. Thank you very much.

Labels (6)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
dan.banach
in reply to: alex.kane

Hi Alex,

Please look at this Autodesk article that details the ports and domains that Fusion 360 needs. Let me know if this is what you're looking for.

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 11
alex.kane
in reply to: dan.banach

Thanks for the quick reply. I took a look at the documentation you linked in your reply. I didn't see a360.co on that list. That is where I'm having my problem. When students share their work with me, there appears to be a URL shortener at work because the links the students send me are in the following format (here are a few examples):

https://a360.co/3rVCjvJ

https://a360.co/3KOhhYF

https://a360.co/3rXmch7

As stated in the original post, a360.co is blocked. When I click it, this is what I get:

alexkane_0-1644943254544.png

So, even if all the servers on that list were whitelisted, I think I would still have the same problem. I was hoping there would be some documentation from Autodesk that describes the a360.co domain so I could give it to our IT department. Any suggestions?

Message 4 of 11
dan.banach

Hi Alex,

The a360.co url appears to be what all the Shared Public links start with. I'll ask the development team for more information about this url and see why it's not called out in the whitelist domain doc. I'll keep you posted.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 5 of 11
MattPerez314

@alex.kane I have a "trick" that might help.  if you go to the share link on the web you can select the iFrame option.  While that is meant to be embedded in an HTML document, you can just grab the URL which will have the name of the hub rather than starting with a360.  Might get you around the issue temporarily.

Let me know if you want more information on that.

Message 6 of 11
dan.banach

Hi Alex,

I connected with the Fusion team, and they're looking at updating the whitelist document to include information about a360.co. Unfortunately this won't help your issue.
To add onto Matt's idea. Can you copy the link to the browser and append the plus sign after it. For example https://a360.co/3sEI5SZ would be https://a360.co/3sEI5SZ+ then enter. In the browser I receive the full URL as show in the image. Is this option also blocked?

danbanach_1-1644960445656.png

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 7 of 11
alex.kane

I tried the workaround appending a "+" at the end of the URL, but that is blocked also. I have found a workaround which is an online URL unshortener. This works, but it's very tedious to copy and paste every URL (I have over 100 students using Fusion 360). Another option is to simply pull the files from my home computer (which of course entails working while off the clock). Most importantly, if I'm able to open the files in Fusion 360, then I can export them to the 3D printing utility.

I'm trying to get this unblocked at the district level to benefit not just myself but all the other teachers in the county using Fusion 360. So, whenever you get word that the whitelist document has been updated, please let me know. Thanks!

Message 8 of 11
dan.banach

Hi Alex,

Thanks for trying the + option. 

Did you invite your students to your Fusion Team or are they running from their own Fusion Team? If you invited them, within Fusion can can switch between their projects. If they're running from their own Fusion Team, they can invite you to their project, then in Fusion you'd switch between the students' Fusion Team. 

You can also use the Fusion 360 app on the IOS or Android store to review the students data.

Hope this helps.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 9 of 11
dan.banach

Hi Alex,

Here is the link to the article about unblocking a360.co. Let me know if this is what your IT dept. needs.

Thanks for raising this concern.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 10 of 11
alex.kane

I am appealing their decision and this is the ammo I needed. Thanks! I'll let you know what happens.

Message 11 of 11
alex.kane

Thank you! I submitted the information to IT Security for our school district, and they have recategorized the domains, effectively unblocking them for me and my colleagues. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report