Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D models not showing when importing Tinkercad circuits for PCB design

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
david.bartoli
262 Views, 9 Replies

3D models not showing when importing Tinkercad circuits for PCB design

Hi All,

Currently, with the students, I generate circuits on Tinkercad and send them to Fusion 360 electronics to create the PCB. So we can manufacture the PCB and build a housing around it.

However, recently, I found that the components are not showing the 3D models when I push the design to a PCB 3D view. I have updated the libraries multiple times, but they cannot show. 

Is there a fix to this, as it is a great feature for developing the housing of the PCB? I have attached some photos below of the situation where the link to the 3D model is not working. The image with the components attached is the outcome a few months ago where the components would generate.

Thanks for any support or ideas on fixing this 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
dan.banach
in reply to: david.bartoli

Hi @david.bartoli 

Thanks for the message. Can you confirm the version of Fusion that is installed? In Fusion, on the top-right corner click on the ? > About.

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 10

Hi Dan, 

I am currently working on Fusion 360 2.0.17721 x86_64

Thanks for your support

David

Message 4 of 10
dan.banach

Hi @david.bartoli 

Thanks for reporting this issue. The engineering team was able to reproduce this issue and are working on a solution. I'll keep you posted.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 5 of 10
david.bartoli
in reply to: dan.banach

Hi Dan, 

Thank you for the update. I appreciate the work you are doing to solve the issue. 

Message 6 of 10
dan.banach

Hi @david.bartoli 

The team made a change to the library. Can you please try to open your Tinkercad PCB file in Fusion and let me know if you have success.

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 7 of 10
david.bartoli

Thanks for the quick turnaround.

I updated the library, and when I pushed the PCB design to a 3D model, a few components of 3D models were shown. For other components, I had to right-click in the 2D PCB screen and click 'replace' to manually change the 3D model to be shown.

Ideally, these should automatically make the process for students more streamlined. 

Message 8 of 10
dan.banach

Hi @david.bartoli 

Thanks for the update and for retrying the workflow. I'll pass this information onto the engineering team.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 9 of 10
dan.banach

Hi @david.bartoli 

The engineering team just pushed a new library. Can you please retry to convert your Tinkercad circuit to Fusion and let us know if you have success.

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 10 of 10
david.bartoli

Hi Dan, 

Thanks for this I just tested this and got the 3D components to show in TinkerCad. I appreciate the work you and your team have put into getting this working again. 

Best regards

David Bartoli 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report