Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd iteration of light phone, lots of trouble using the slot tool adhering the UI overlay over the shell of the phone case

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
hn2353QVDNS
143 Views, 1 Reply

2nd iteration of light phone, lots of trouble using the slot tool adhering the UI overlay over the shell of the phone case

Hi, i can't seem to adhere the Sim blue on top of the dark blue of the phone case. I am not done yet, i will also create the usb, thin out the bottom because my first case was too fat and the phone wouldnt go in. Do you mind helping me or showing me how? i am improving a lot at using this software and i always appreciate your guys help i can't seem to find a youtube video where someone uses the slot tool. I have dan and you guys to thank for helping with the butt of the case and all the advice ty. Ever time i use the slot tool it. I really would rather learn how to do it, im usually a good learner. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dan.banach
in reply to: hn2353QVDNS

Hi @hn2353QVDNS 

Glad we're able to help you on your Fusion 360 CAD journey. This is like learning another language, give yourself time to keep learning, and you'll soon be a master. Here is a link to a Fusion 360 - F1 in Schools tutorial that I wrote that may help you on journey.

For your phone case, looks like you're using the Ellipse tool, is this your intent? I created a sketch and added a Center to Center Slot. Here is what I did (also see the attached .f3d file).

1. Start the Center to Center Slot tool.
  2. Select a starting point.
  3. Type a distance for the length of the slot.
  4. Define the rotation of the slot by selecting a point.
  5. Move the cursor and the slot will preview.
  6. Type a value for the diameter of the slot.
  7. To create the slot press the Enter key.

danbanach_0-1684188329925.png

Hope this helps.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report