Fusion Educators (Read-Only)
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Launch Fusion 360

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
ChewySchu
531 Views, 12 Replies

Unable to Launch Fusion 360

My students all successfully downloaded and ran the Fusion 360 installer.  However, with one exception, they all receive an "error" saying:  "Signed out of desktop.  You're still signed into the browser so you can access your account and forums."  The only action to take is to click to SIGN OUT OF BROWSER.  We seem to be stuck in a little bit of a loop with the end result being that none of my students except one can launch Fusion 360.  I contacted Fusion 360 support 2d ago but have not heard anything.  

My IT department went in and reinstalled but that didn't help.  My one student and I are the only ones who can use the software.  Any help would be appreciated as I cannot teach if my students can't use the software.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
dan.banach
in reply to: ChewySchu

Hi @ChewySchu 

Sorry that you're having this issue. I can see you invited 9 students to your Fusion Team / Project this week. 

It looks like these students didn't open the email invitation and click Join Team as shown in the following image of an example email. 

danbanach_0-1692464667111.png

Can you confirm these are the students who can't run Fusion and I'll work to Approve them.  cameron, Chewy, Cooper, Essie, Graysen, Josiah, Michael, Nate, and Noah.

To ensure your students are receiving the emails from Autodesk. Please ask your IT Admin to allow emails from noreply@autodesk.com and to confirm that the URLs in the Ports and Domains article are added to your school's list of allowed of URLs / sites. Ports and Domains article.

Please keep me posted.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 13
ChewySchu
in reply to: dan.banach

Hi Dan - thanks for the reply.

I can’t say with any certainty that any of the students actually opened the email invitation to join my team. What I do know for certain is that the one person who can was not initially invited to the team. Only when he launched Fusion and couldn’t join the team did I realize that I hadn’t sent him an invitation initially. So I sent him a separate invitation, and I know he opened that email. However, he was able to use Fusion prior to joining the team.
Message 4 of 13
dan.banach

Hi @ChewySchu 

Sounds like the one student had a previous Fusion Team that he/she accessed, hence could open Fusion without seeing h your Fusion Team. Are the students (first names) I list above the students who could NOT access Fusion? If so, tomorrow I can approve these students, then they should be able to access Fusion. 

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 5 of 13
ChewySchu

Hi Dan,

The one student who was able to launch Fusion had never used it before, so
no, he was never part of a Fusion team previously. I'm Chewy, and I have
never had an issue with Fusion. Oddly, the other names you mention ARE the
ones who cannot launch Fusion. So what you're saying certainly makes sense,
but it doesn't quite sync with what we're seeing. However, I am certainly
willing to give anything a try - it's hard to teach kids how to use software
they can't access. I would certainly appreciate it if you would approve
them. If you can't for whatever reason, I'll go through the process with
them on Monday using the automated email with the link to join the team and
see if that doesn't fix my problem. There have been some add/drops so the
list should include:

* Michael
* Cameron
* Eli ( email user ID is 6916601 )
* Noah
* Josiah
* Nate

I'm certainly that my IT Admin is not blocking any emails from the
Autodesk.com domain, and I'm certain that all my students received the email
to create an Autodesk account. But since none except the one could launch
Fusion, none of them opened the invitation to join the team.

Thanks for your help. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens on Monday
morning!
Message 6 of 13
dan.banach

Hi @ChewySchu 

Thanks for the additional information. For the student who was able to run Fusion, did they create their own Autodesk Account and acquire their own Fusion license or did you assign this licenses to this student?

I was able to approve; Michael, Cameron, Noah, Josiah, and Nate.

I also saw that these students had a Team Member role in your Fusion Team. This allows them to create new Projects and invite members. I changed their role to Project Contributor. With this role, they, can only work in the projects that they are invited into.

I was NOT able to approve Eli. Eli has NOT yet set up her Autodesk account and created a password. Please ask Eli to open the email that she received when you assigned her a Fusion license and follow the prompts. Then open the email about Joining your Fusion Team, and click on Join Team.

To help the community setup a class with Fusion Team and Folder-Level Projects, I just posted a PDF to the forum: See the post Autodesk Content: Using Fusion Team and Folder-Level Project in the Classroom. Hope the PDF helps explain the process.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 7 of 13
ChewySchu

Hi Dan,

All my students created their own Autodesk accounts, and I assigned licenses to them – there was nothing special or different about the student who could launch Fusion versus the rest of the students who could not.  None of my students, according to them, have ever used Fusion in the past.

If the other students are now able to launch, I will have Eli set up his Autodesk account and join the team.  I am not sure why he didn’t create his account on the first day of classes like everyone else, but I’ll take care of it tomorrow.

I downloaded your PDF – thanks very much for the information!  I will read through it before class tomorrow.

One thing, unrelated to this, but that was part of the case I created with Autodesk ( Case 20798755 😞 can you tell me if Autodesk/Fusion 360 supports single sign-in?  My IT guys were asking about that last week, and I do not have an answer for them.

Thanks,

Chewy

Message 8 of 13
dan.banach

Hi @ChewySchu 

Can you send me the Student's ID number that was able to run Fusion, and I'll see what I can find out.

Keep us posted on the progress with your students running Fusion.

SSO is something that we are looking into for schools. I don't yet have a timeline for availability.

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 9 of 13
ChewySchu

Hi Dan - I had two new adds to my roster on Monday.  Short story, I got one of them added to my team without any problem, and he's off and running.  The other one is one I tried to add last week ( Eli ) and is the one you were not able to add to my team over the weekend.  I went so far as to remove him totally and start over, but he's still running into the same problem.  AT one point today, he received a message saying that the number of sessions was exceeded, and I thought that we had it licked, but he eventually had the same experience again.  And that was when he clicked a link in an email message for him to join the team.

I am really confused why we're having all these issues now when we didn't have any issues last school year.

Thanks,

Tim

Message 10 of 13
dan.banach

Hi @ChewySchu 

Did Eli receive an email asking him to join your Fusion Team and then click on Join Team? 

I was able to approve Eli, he should now be able to access your Fusion Team.

We are talking with the Fusion Team on what can be done to improve this experience.

On a side note. Did the PDF in the post Autodesk Resource: Using Fusion Team and Folder-Level Project in the Classroom help explain the process?

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 11 of 13
ChewySchu

Yes, he did receive the email, and he clicked on the link.  That's when things tanked and he started seeing that message about the browser.

I did read your PDF, and yes it makes sense.  Just not sure why reality doesn't seem to want to follow process.  😁

Message 12 of 13
dan.banach

Hi @ChewySchu 

Thanks for confirming that the Join Team link was clicked. I'm not sure why this didn't work. I'll engage the engineering team to get their input.

Please let us know if Eli can now access your Fusion Team.

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 13 of 13
dan.banach

Hi @ChewySchu 

I connected with the engineering team, and they asked if you run across the Fusion login loop again, ask your student to log into Fusion Team: https://login.autodesk360.com. This should should do the same thing as accepting the invitation to join the Fusion Team. The team is looking into this process to see where it can be improved.

Thanks for your help.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report