Fusion Educators (Read-Only)
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to fetch folder contents

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
wyfong
722 Views, 7 Replies

Unable to fetch folder contents

Hi

Students who are invited to my project folder are unable to access the contents.

An Error message "Unable to fetch folder contents" appear to suggest that the contents failed to sync.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix the problem?

Thanks for your help.

William

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
dan.banach
in reply to: wyfong

Hi @wyfong 

Sorry you're having this issue. A few questions and ideas.

1. When and where do the students get this error message?

2. Can the students' access data on their own Fusion Team and Project?

Can you confirm that the students are making your Fusion Team active in the Data Panel (top-left corner)?

3. Do the students' have valid Education license of Fusion 360? On the top-left corner of the screen, it should show 

danbanach_0-1653081552244.png

4. Are the students on the same version of Fusion 360. On the top-right corner of the screen click on the ? About. The current version is  2.0.12888.

If possible, can you attach a screen capture of the error?

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 8
wyfong
in reply to: dan.banach

Thank you, Dan, for your super-fast response 😊

The error message:

[cid:9ec3c1fc-d59c-42f3-8737-190b4d78e01b]

My replies:

1. When and where do the students get this error message?

Yesterday 20th May, during class when students tried to access contents in my folder. I have a student Sean send me an invite – same error message appears (see above) when I tried to access the contents in his project folder.

1. Can the students' access data on their own Fusion Team and Project?

Yes

1. Can you confirm that the students are making your Fusion Team active in the Data Panel (top-left corner)?

Yes

1. Do the students' have valid Education license of Fusion 360? On the top-left corner of the screen, it should show

Yes

1. Are the students on the same version of Fusion 360. On the top-right corner of the screen click on the ? About. The current version is 2.0.12888.

Yes

Hope my replies help to clarify.

Thanks again Dan!

William Fong
Message 4 of 8
dan.banach

Hi @wyfong 

Thanks for the answers. A few more questions.

1. Was everything working fine before May 20th? If so, could the IT department have changed some network settings or changed virus software. Here is an article that list the ports and domains that Fusion 360 uses, and an article that discusses connectivity issues.
  2. The 2nd article also asks about the time on the computer, if the time is off, it can cause issues.
  3. What is the internet speed?

On Monday, I’ll ask our QA team if they have some insights about the specific code you gave in your last post.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Banach

Message 5 of 8
wyfong

Hi Dan,

The school started using the FUSION 360 on 19th - that's when we had the problem.

Prior to that we did not have any problem.

Meanwhile, on Monday, I will check with my IT Dept regarding the connectivity issues that you mentioned.

Thank you
Wiliam Fong
Facilitator

Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2022 11:53 AM
To: William Fong (RP)
Subject: dan.banach mentioned you in the Autodesk Community post

CAUTION: This email originated from outside the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

[Autodesk_logo]

Hi wyfong,

dan.banach (Community Manager) mentioned you in a post. Join the conversation below:

Re: Unable to fetch folder contents<>

Hi @wyfong<>

Thanks for the answers. A few more questions.

Was everything working fine before May 20th? If so, could the IT department have changed some network settings or changed virus software. Here is an article that list the ports and domains that Fusion 360 uses, <> and an article that discusses connectivity issues.<> The 2nd article also asks about the time on the computer, if the time is off, it can cause issues. What is the internet speed?

On Monday, I’ll ask our QA team if they have some insights about the specific code you gave in your last post.

Thanks,

Dan

Message 6 of 8
o.briggs

Hi @wyfong 
I was wondering if the above solutions had helped? Did your IT Dept look into the connectivity issues? 
If you are still having issues please let us know! 😊

Oliver Briggs
Community Manager - Education
Are you an education user?
Check out our Students & Educators Community
Please 'Like' posts that are helpful.
If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Accept Solution'

Message 7 of 8
wyfong
in reply to: o.briggs

Hi Oliver,

The problem persists.

I checked with our IT Dept and their response is that probably there is a connectivity between the cloud (at Autodesk) and the software.

Our IT Dept has removed the anti-virus software on my PC to test if the anti-virus software caused the problem. But the problem did not go away.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks

William

Message 8 of 8
dan.banach

Hi @wyfong 

What is the speed of your internet connect? Are students able to access your project from home (outside of the school network)?

Was your IT Admin able to review these articles and check the system?

Please let us know.

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report