Fusion Educators (Read-Only)
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teams inconsistency - manage.autodesk.com and within F360

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
ryancousins
338 Views, 7 Replies

Teams inconsistency - manage.autodesk.com and within F360

Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 5.12.25 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 5.12.59 PM.png

  

I have an educational account. I created a team on manage.autodesk.com. However, that team does not show up within Fusion360, even when I'm signed in with the same Autodesk ID. At some point I seperately created a new team within F360, and it shows that instead within F360 along with my single user option. However, that team does not show up under my account on the manage.autodesk page. I have tried running F360 from different devices and even deleting and reinstalling the application and I can't seem to get things to sync. Any suggestions? While playing around I created another team at some point and I just want that gone so I named it deprecated as I can't see a way to get rid of it. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
dan.banach
in reply to: ryancousins

Hi @ryancousins 

Thanks for posting your question.

On manage.autodesk.com, you should only be able to select a Fusion Team. Can you confirm that you can only select a Fusion Team and not create them on this site? On this site, you can assign your students licenses.

In Fusion, I can see you have a Fusion Team "team test 101" and a Single-User Storage "Ryan Cousins". Single-User Storage is were legacy projects were created. You can transfer your Single-User Storage to your Fusion Team, please refer to the steps in this article How to transfer Fusion 360 projects from Single User Storage to a Fusion Team Hub

Does this help? Please keep us posted.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 8
ryancousins

Thank you for the reply. It appears that I can create a team on manage.autodesk.com. 

Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 5.45.12 PM.png

Message 4 of 8
dan.banach

Hi @ryancousins 

Thanks for the screen capture. I was not aware that this option was there.

Currently, you can only have one Fusion Team per Autodesk Account. This would explain why this new Team is not displayed in Fusion. Thanks for pointing this out.

I'll pass this information onto the engineering team. I'll let you know what I learn.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 5 of 8
ryancousins

I really appreciate that, thank you!

Message 6 of 8
dan.banach

Hi @ryancousins 

Quick update. I learned that "Team" on manage.autodesk.com is for helping manage subscriptions for our commercial clients. Here is a link to an article that explains Teams on manage.autodesk.com.

Sorry for the confusion.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 7 of 8
ryancousins
in reply to: dan.banach

Thank you for the clarification. Is it not typical then for the education community to use the manage.autodesk site to assign products to students? According to this page, this seems to be the preferred method. I just want to make sure I'm doing things the best way. I would just know now that a "team" here has nothing to do with a team within F360. Do I have that correct?

Message 8 of 8
dan.banach

Hi @ryancousins 

Great question. Educators will still use the manage.autodesk.com site to assign students licenses. It's just the use of the "Team" on this site is not applicable to education accounts. I brought this concern to the product manager that oversees this site.

Thanks for your help in clarifying this.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report