Fusion Educators (Read-Only)
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Students struggling to access fusion 360 after successful verification

30 REPLIES 30
SOLVED
Message 1 of 31
lbell.Potteries
1338 Views, 30 Replies

Students struggling to access fusion 360 after successful verification

I have a student who has verified himself to Sheer ID 3 times now. He's still unable to use fusion 360 as a result. It just lets him read files and not much else. I'm in the process of cutting out Sheer ID completely using the admin software available but until then is there any way to help him gain access?

30 REPLIES 30
Message 21 of 31
Kekraus
in reply to: steve606

I have such a hard time too. My IT dept doesn't do this for me and i dont have access to update the software so this is what we do. 

1. have students get educational access

2. go to autodesk.com and click on students/education at the bottom, log in, go to get fusion 360, redownload and it should be the new version and allow them to access. 

This creates a new icon on the desktop and if they click the old one it will not allow them access. Only the new icon they downloaded will work for them.

Message 22 of 31
dan.banach
in reply to: Kekraus

Hi Kelly,

Instead of running Fusion 360 from the computer and having to do the updates, you could you ask your students to run Fusion 360 from a browser like Chrome. 

Prior to running Fusion 360 online, ensure the students have a Fusion 360 license (only need to do this once). 

1. Go to Autodesk Education Community software page
  2. Fusion 360 product card click Get product

3. Then click Access

Then run Fusion 360 online by going to https://fusion.online.autodesk.com and sign in with your Autodesk Education Account email.

Here is a link to a paper that has additional information about running Fusion 360 online.

Does this help?

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 23 of 31
Kekraus
in reply to: dan.banach

I cannot access the link to the document.
Message 24 of 31
dan.banach
in reply to: Kekraus

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for letting me know about the issue with the link, it's now fixed. Browser access to Fusion 360 FAQ.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 25 of 31
porteramy
in reply to: jmackniak

When my "verified" student accounts have still struggled to "activate" Fusion 360 I've tried 2 things.

1- Have them log into the "online" version of fusion.  This for some students as made it so they can log into the desktop versions.

2- Create list using the admin features and add them to it.  As soo as I do that, they have no issues either.  

Message 26 of 31
Kekraus
in reply to: porteramy

I am unsure what you mean by #2. Create a list of what? and I don't know
anything about admin features?
Message 27 of 31

Hi @Kekraus,

I believe the reference is to assigning students licenses. An Educator who has a valid Autodesk Education Account can now assign student licenses. When a student is assigned a license, they don't need to go through the verification process. After a licenses is assigned to a student, the student will receive an email and all they need to do is accept the invitation to create their account, and then they can access Fusion 360. Here is a link to a paper that walks through the entire process. Assigning licenses starts on page 8....

Let us know if this helps.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 28 of 31

Update for everyone in this thread.

The team is working on the Renew issue. Can you please ask your students to try to Renew their Autodesk Education eligibility and let me know if you have success? Here is a link to a paper that walks through the Renew process.

To get your Fusion entitlement, you’ll also need to login at the Autodesk Education Community page. Then on the Fusion 360 product card, click the Get product, then click on the Access button.

Please let me know if this solves the Renew issue.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 29 of 31
jmackniak

Thanks for working on this Dan.  This is really frustrating for us teachers.  The link you include for the paper walkthrough is not working.

Message 30 of 31
dan.banach
in reply to: jmackniak

Hi Jeffrey,

Sorry for any issues that this is causing. The team is working on a solution. Thanks for letting me know about the link not working, it is now fixed. Here is a recap.

-Dan

Renew Access to Autodesk Education Plan

Here is a link to a document that walks through the steps to Renew access to Autodesk Education plan / software.

Assigning Licenses to Students

An Educator who has a valid Autodesk Education Account can now assign students' licenses. When a student is assigned a license, they don't need to go through the verification process. After a licenses is assigned to a student, the student will receive an email and all they need to do is accept the invitation to create their account, and then they can access Fusion 360. Here is a link to a paper that walks through the entire process. Assigning licenses starts on page 8...

Dan Banach

Message 31 of 31
dan.banach

Here is the solution to Renewing your Autodesk Education Plan and Fusion 360 license:

students to Renew their Autodesk Education Subscription by doing the following:

1. Navigate to the Get Products page.
  2. Under the Get Started section click Sign in and log in with your Autodesk Education credentials (same email and password you log into Fusion 360 with).
    danbanach_0-1647268338886.png

3. Click Renew Now or Renew Access in the personalized banner notification.
    danbanach_1-1647268338890.png

4. Under the Fusion 360 product card click Get product-
    danbanach_2-1647268338892.jpeg

5. Then click ACCESS
    danbanach_3-1647268338893.jpeg

1 Year Renewal Reminder

Your access to the Education plan will expire at the end of one-year. You can renew your access annually as long as you are eligible. Thirty days before the expiration of your one-year Education plan access, you’ll be sent an email reminder. You can also find your expiration date in the personalized banner notification when you sign in to your account on the Autodesk Education Community website. If you do not renew your access, your free access will end when your Education plan expires.

Dan Banach

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report