Fusion Educators (Read-Only)
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student not allowed to share project folder

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jcolletteG5ZSK
206 Views, 3 Replies

Student not allowed to share project folder

I have a student who attempts to share his project folder with me, the teacher, but it says he does not have permission to do so.  Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dan.banach
in reply to: jcolletteG5ZSK

Hi @jcolletteG5ZSK 

Sorry that you're having this issue. A few questions:

1. Is the student trying to add you to the Project as a Member or just Share a Link?
  2. Is the student on their own Fusion Team and Project?
  3. In Fusion, on the top-left corner of the screen, does it state (Education License)?
    danbanach_0-1692814974129.png

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 4
jcolletteG5ZSK
in reply to: dan.banach

1. He is trying to add me as a member.

2. The student created the Team and the project.

3. We are using the online Fusion.  I am not finding where it says Educational License.  Sorry, this is my first time using Fusion.  I did go into Help => About and found that it says that the Active Plan is Student.

Message 4 of 4
dan.banach
in reply to: jcolletteG5ZSK

Hi @jcolletteG5ZSK 

Thanks for the additional information. Please ask your student to follow the steps below to add you to his / her Fusion Team / Project. For detailed instructions refer to pages 23 -27 in the attachment in this post: Autodesk Resource: Using Fusion Team and Folder-Level Project in the Classroom

1. Log into Fusion Team https://login.autodesk360.com with your Autodesk ID
  2. Ensure the top-level project is active. When a Role is assigned at the Project level, you'll be able to see what is in all sub-folders. The image shows project DES 101 active.
    danbanach_0-1692898837749.png
  3. If you haven't been invited, click on the Invite button.
    danbanach_1-1692899010479.png
  4. Select a Role. Reader can view files in Fusion but CAN'T save. Editor can create and Save files.
    1. If you were already invited, the student can select your name in the list and assign you a Role.
  5. You'll receive an email inviting you to the Fusion Team / Project. Open the email and click Join Team.
  6. Then in Fusion, show the Data Panel, use the Team Switcher (1) to make the desired Fusion Team (2) active.
    danbanach_2-1692899459330.png

Please let us know if this helps.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report