Fusion Educators (Read-Only)
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sculpting a body after many changes have been applied to it

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jrortizbjj
216 Views, 7 Replies

Sculpting a body after many changes have been applied to it

Hello, and thanks in advance for the support.  I sculpted a body and from the initial form I made a new body as an specular reflection of the original because it is a left and right item; from there I started making modifications, like cilindrical holes, drilled holes, horizontal divisions, among others.  The project went to 3d printing and I need to make a slight modification to the very first shape on the original body, when I do this, I loose all the changes and going back on the timeline and keeping the sculpting capabilities, restrict my acces to posterior modifications.  any help will be appretiated!!!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
dan.banach
in reply to: jrortizbjj

Hi @jrortizbjj 

Are you editing the existing Form entry in  the timeline (see image)? To help us, help you, please add a screen capture of what you're seeing. For the screen capture, expand the Bodies in the browser.

-Dan

danbanach_0-1651170905832.png

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 8
jrortizbjj
in reply to: dan.banach

Hello Dan, thanks for replying, will post a screen capture as soon as I reach that computer at home

Message 4 of 8
dan.banach

Hi @jrortizbjj 

Wanted to check in and see if you were you able to edit the Form? If not, can you post a screen capture?

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 5 of 8
jrortizbjj

Hello, this is a screen capture, this body was sculpted and duplicated prior to making the horizontal division and creating the bolt holes and cilindrical tunels, but after the 3d print, some more sculpting is in order, now my issue is that I cannot find a way to go back to sculpting without loosing every other change that has been done

jrortizbjj_1-1651872802734.png

Message 6 of 8
dan.banach

Hi @jrortizbjj 

After editing the Form, is the Timeline marker getting moved back to the far right? It will help us, help you, if you can export a .f3d file and attach it to your reply.

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 7 of 8
jrortizbjj

I saw on a youtube tutorial a way to go back to sculpting, but when I do this, every change I applied after sculpting the original body just dissapears from the timeline.

Message 8 of 8
dan.banach

Hi @jrortizbjj 

Thanks for the file. I edited your first Form, and after exiting the form, the components updated as expected. I created a Screencast video that shows what I did. 
danbanach_0-1652106594943.png

Also, looking at your Timeline, there are multiple moves and capture positions. If you're moving the components for visibility purposes; I'd suggest turning off the visibility of the body or component (in the browser, click on the eye icon to the left of the desired body or component) instead of moving them.

Please let me know if this helps.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report