Fusion Educators (Read-Only)
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ownership conflicts between Fusion Desktop files/folders and Web versions

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
k.colton
162 Views, 3 Replies

Ownership conflicts between Fusion Desktop files/folders and Web versions

For a while now I've had an issue relating to file ownership differences between the projects created in the Fusion 360 application and those on the web portal. It doesn’t cause any loss of data, however, it is making file management very difficult.

In short, projects created in autodesk360.com web portal (under the same account) will show up as “Shared with me” in the Fusion 360 desktop environment and vice versa.

Fusion Desktop_Permisions.png

Along with this, there appear to be two Assets libraries (one under "owned" and another under "shared") and potentially two instances of the myhub (single-user storage) showing in the web interface as seen below. Not sure if this is normal either?

Fusion Desktop_myhub.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dan.banach
in reply to: k.colton

Hi @k.colton 

Thanks for posting your question. I was unable to duplicate your issue. I wonder if this is because of your Single-User Storage hubs (myhub.autodesk.com).

Single-User Storage hub will be retired soon. Can you please Click click here for instructions on how to transfer Fusion 360 projects from Single User Storage to a Fus.... After all the Single-User Storage projects are transferred to your Fusion Team, they will be removed from your list of available Teams and Hubs. This should fix your second question.

Let us know if this solves your issue.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 4
k.colton
in reply to: dan.banach

Thanks @dan.banach 

The myhub issue could potentially could go back to a university email url change.

I assume that it's still not possible for education users to open more than one Team as an admin? The Team previously created a number of years ago is utilised for an education/maker research group and I would like to avoid moving class and personal projects into that Team?

Message 4 of 4
dan.banach
in reply to: k.colton

Hi @k.colton 

Thanks for the additional information. You're correct, only one Fusion Team can be associated with an email. However, you can create a Fusion Team based on another email. Then transfer the SIngle-User Storage hubs to a Fusion Team that you're an Admin for. Here are instructions on how to create a Team Hub at the Fusion Onboarding site.

Please let me know this answers your question.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report