Fusion Educators (Read-Only)
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Access to Repository

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jpdieffe
188 Views, 5 Replies

Lost Access to Repository

Hello,

I am a professor at North Carolina State University and I use Fusion 360 to teach both undergraduate and graduate students. 
I had a student create the repository that many other students have contributed to. However, the original student has since then graduated and lost his educational access to Fusion360.
As such, he is unable to transfer the ownership of the repository to myself.

Is there some way we can transfer ownership to my account?

Thank you,
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
o.briggs
in reply to: jpdieffe

Hi  
There are a few ways to go about this.

Firstly, when you lose educational access, you only lose the ability to work within Fusion. However, your account is put in read-only mode, which gives you access to your files. You will never lose access to your data! 

This means that your student can still access his projects and work and specific controls over them. 

You have two options:  

1. You can continue to use your student's team as the team you move forward with, even if your student isn't involved. You can do this by getting them to log onto their team settings in a browser (Autodesk Drive). They can then open the project, click on their profile picture in the top right and go to the Admin settings. From here, they can go to the "Members and Roles" section and change your role type to "Team Administrator". Doing so will give you admin privileges for the team and give you the permissions to make the same changes as if it were your own team. The only caution here is that your student will always have access as they were the team creator. 

2. Therefore, option 2 is a step further. You can transfer projects between teams. To do this, follow step 1 to get admin rights for yourself on the team. From there, open your student's team on the online team viewer and from the main page, click on the arrow to the far right of the project in the list. This will show you a button for "Transfer". This will allow you to transfer the entire project from the team you are currently in, to a different team (e.g. one you have created set up for your students). Once transferred, the project will be under your complete control and within a team that you created. Beware that this removes the project from the old team, so anyone who needs access will need to be given access to your new team!

Screenshot 2022-06-17 at 15.54.12.png
I hope this helps. If there is any part of the process that you are unclear on, feel free to let me know!

Oliver Briggs
Community Manager - Education
Are you an education user?
Check out our Students & Educators Community
Please 'Like' posts that are helpful.
If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Accept Solution'

Message 3 of 6
jpdieffe

Hello Oliver, 

Thank you for the reply.

I have had the student make me an admin, and I can see that I am listed as "Project Admin" when I look under project members, but it still has a thing at the top of the screen that says "Basic Access".

When I click the arrow to the right of the team, I only see the option for "Archive".

Can you advise on next steps?

Message 4 of 6
o.briggs

@jpdieffe 

Thanks for the update. Can you confirm that you have a valid license yourself?

Oliver Briggs
Community Manager - Education
Are you an education user?
Check out our Students & Educators Community
Please 'Like' posts that are helpful.
If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Accept Solution'

Message 5 of 6
jpdieffe
in reply to: o.briggs

Hi Oliver,

When I click on my profile in the upper right corner and click "Products and services", and then click "All Products and Services", I see that I have the 1 seat educational license for Fusion360 as well as a number of related extensions.

When I hover my mouser over the "Basic Access" flag in the Fusion360 repository, it mentions that this is because the owner (the previous student) only has a personal license.

I am assuming this is because their educational license has expired as they have graduated.

Any recommendations on next steps?

Message 6 of 6
dan.banach

Hi @jpdieffe 

Sorry that you're having this issue. A couple ideas.

1. You can try to export the files. If there are a lot of files, you can use a Fusion 360 Export utility that is on GitHub.

2. I can request 30 day access to the student who graduated. if you'd like to try this, please Private Message me the email address that was used for this Fusion Team.

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report