Fusion Educators (Read-Only)
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License expiration date inconsistent

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
henryhbk
238 Views, 4 Replies

License expiration date inconsistent

OK, so I have used fusion as an educator for several years now and noted that recently in the banner it says it will expire in 11 days, but when I went to the renewal site it says I am now confirmed and it will expire in a year. but after closing that dialog I get a warning that it will expire in 12 days...

2023-06-12_09-35-49.jpg

2023-06-12_09-35-39.jpg

 brings me to this?

2023-06-12_09-41-31.jpg

None of these dates agree. I am happy to renew (and very much still eligible) but unclear what the truth of the license expiration is. Also unclear why the 11 vs. 12 days discrepency (and no I don't live near the international date line)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
henryhbk
in reply to: henryhbk

BTW just because I count on it all, I did renew, which was again an inconsistent process. I yet again got the congrats dialog, and then was presented with the "hey, we need to get some additional information to confirm" so I pressed the get started button, which took me to the exact same information dialog (in other words absolutely no additional information) I had just submitted (thank goodness all pre-filled) and pressed submit, and got the same congrats dialog followed by a newly updated expiration date.

2023-06-12_09-47-05.jpg

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
o.briggs

Hi @henryhbk
There seem to be two separate issues here. 

Firstly let's make sure your license doesn't expire! to clarify how this works a little more. There are two separate things to renew: 

1. Your educational access needs to be renewed on a yearly basis. This verifies that you are still in education and allows you to download any Autodesk software, including Fusion 360. 

2. When you first download Fusion 360, you are given a 1-year license to that specific software, which is separate from your "educational access". 

What I suspect has happened, is that you have visited the website and successfully renewed your educational access, so you are verified as an educator. However, your Fusion 360 license is still expiring and it needs to be renewed as well.

Don't worry, doing this is very easy!

1. Go to the Get Products page of the Autodesk Education Website.
  2. Log in and you should see the things you have described in this post saying that your educational access is valid until next year.
  3. Scroll down, and download Fusion 360 again. Once the download starts you can delete it or ignore it. The process of downloading it again will manually trigger a new 1-year license for Fusion 360. 
  4. Log out and log back into Fusion 360 and hopefully the expiry message should be gone! 

If this doesn't work, let us know and we can help get to the bottom of the issue ☺️

As to why the days are different. I have not seen this before so thank you for brining it to our attention! I will ask our back-end team to look into what is going on there. We really appreciate you spotting this!

Oliver Briggs
Community Manager - Education
Are you an education user?
Check out our Students & Educators Community
Please 'Like' posts that are helpful.
If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Accept Solution'

Message 4 of 5
henryhbk
in reply to: o.briggs

After the renewal I had just restarted Fusion and the expiration notification went away and it simply says "Educational Access"

Message 5 of 5
o.briggs

That is what you want to see!
Educational access is shown there for all education users, so the fact that the expiry countdown has disappeared means that your Fusion 360 license has been reactivated! 

If you run into any other issues, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Oliver Briggs
Community Manager - Education
Are you an education user?
Check out our Students & Educators Community
Please 'Like' posts that are helpful.
If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Accept Solution'

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report