Fusion Educators (Read-Only)
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT Admin License approved, eligible but NOT reflected in software

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
zeb777
193 Views, 4 Replies

IT Admin License approved, eligible but NOT reflected in software

[Admin moved message to its own post, this is a different issue]

Hello Dan,

I've got an identical issue. I just renewed my education license and the system says its good till Sep 20, 2024. But I'm getting the message that my subscription is expired. When I go to the product page and click license, all I get is a list of instructions on how to download Fusion, I do not get the window with a blue button that says ACCESS.

Access approved.png

Red message.png

Any idea what I'm missing to regain my access? Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dan.banach
in reply to: zeb777

Hi @zeb777 

Your Autodesk Education profile is set to IT Admin. Was this a mistake?  What is your role at your school?

Here are the definitions of the Education profile roles.

• Student: Can only acquire individual licenses.
  • Educator: Can acquire individual licenses and assign their students' licenses.
  • IT Admin: Can only acquire licenses for their school (no individual licenses).

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 5
zeb777

Hello Dan,

Thanks for the quick response. I am the System Engineer/Admin at the college, so that would explain why I don't have access to the software. I wasn't aware that when I applied for an educational license it was going to assign me as the IT Admin, or I would have used my school's email account rather than my personal one. Is there a way to transfer the role to another email?

Than you.

Message 4 of 5
dan.banach

Hi @zeb777 

When you created your Education Profile, you should have been prompted to select your role. If desired, you can change the email address associated with your account at https://profile.autodesk.com/security.

Or, you can create a second Autodesk Education account with your school email and select the role of an Educator. Then you can see what your educators see and you can get individual licenses for testing.

Does this help?

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 5 of 5
zeb777
in reply to: dan.banach

Perfect, I just did what you suggested and my school email has access. 

Really apricate your help clarifying what was going on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report