Fusion Educators (Read-Only)
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started with student accounts in Fusion 360

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
andersonto
178 Views, 2 Replies

Getting started with student accounts in Fusion 360

I uploaded a .csv file with all my students' names and email addresses today.

I wanted to test what happened if I logged in to one of the newly created students accounts, and this is the message I got:

andersonto_0-1661015241272.png

Does this mean that all of my students should have received an email invitation to the email addresses I uploaded in the .csv file, and that they need to open those emails and finish the account creation before being able to get started using Fusion 360?

I just want to be sure how to direct them when we get started on Monday.

Thanks in advance for your help and support.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
o.briggs
in reply to: andersonto

Hi @andersonto 

That is absolutely right! 

When you assign a license this way your students will get: 

1. An email inviting them to create an Autodesk account. They will need to do this step first. If there is already an account associated with this email (if your students have had access to their email and created an Autodesk account before) they will not receive this email. 

2. They will receive a separate email telling them that you have assigned them an educational license and asking them to accept the license! They will need to click on the link in this email, log in with their Autodesk account. All of your students from the list should receive this email! 

In simple terms, they will have received emails directing them with what to do, but if you have any problems on Monday, feel free to reach out on here!

Oliver Briggs
Community Manager - Education
Are you an education user?
Check out our Students & Educators Community
Please 'Like' posts that are helpful.
If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Accept Solution'

Message 3 of 3
dan.banach
in reply to: andersonto

Hi @andersonto 

To add onto Oliver’s reply. If the students’s don’t have an Autodesk account, they also create a password. The students’ will use this email and password to log into Fusion 360. 
I briefly cover this in the Managing Fusion Teams and Folder-Level Project video.
Hope this helps.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report