Fusion Educators (Read-Only)
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors and Files Missing for CAD for Mechanical Design Associate Certification Prep Course

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
perrydo
212 Views, 5 Replies

Errors and Files Missing for CAD for Mechanical Design Associate Certification Prep Course

There seems to be several issues with the learning pathway:

1. When you complete the Pre-Test, it will not register your completion or "green dot".
  2. For Challenge Exercise #6 (Technical Detailed Drawing Creation), the PDF instructions are the same as the Challenge Exercise for #3 Project Setup. Are they supposed to be the same?
  3.  For the #7 Course Challenge Exercise, it references a Base and Slide but the files are not part of the file download. The only files in the download is the file gripper. Are the "Base" and "Slide" actually the "grippers" or some missing file? I can't find any files with that name as part of the course.
  4. There is a #6 Technical Detailed Drawing Creation, there is no number for Course Challenge Exercise, but there is a #8 is the Practice Test.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dan.banach
in reply to: perrydo

Hi @perrydo 

Thanks for posting your question. I passed your question to our certification team, they'll be able to answer your question.

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 6
octavio.raygoza

Hi @perrydo 

I hope these answer your questins, 

• There seems to be several issues with the learning pathway: When you complete the Pre-Test, it will not register your completion or "green dot".
    • In order to complete this pre-test module the exam needs to be passed. However, completing the final practice test is the only requirement to complete the entire course.
  • For Challenge Exercise #6 (Technical Detailed Drawing Creation), the PDF instructions are the same as the Challenge Exercise for #3 Project Setup. Are they supposed to be the same?  
    • This has been corrected.
  • For the #7 Course Challenge Exercise, it references a Base and Slide but the files are not part of the file download. The only files in the download is the file gripper. Are the "Base" and "Slide" actually the "grippers" or some missing file? I can't find any files with that name as part of the course.
    • The base and slide are parts of the gripper, so the gripper file is the only dataset that you need to complete this challenge.
  • There is a #6 Technical Detailed Drawing Creation, there is no number for Course Challenge Exercise, but there is a #8 is the Practice Test.
    • Module #6 is Technical Detailed Drawing Creation, Module #7 is the Course challenge exercise, and Module #8 is the practice test.
Message 4 of 6
perrydo
in reply to: octavio.raygoza

Thanks for addressing my comments, but I still have some concerns...

• There seems to be several issues with the learning pathway: When you complete the Pre-Test, it will not register your completion or "green dot".
    • In order to complete this pre-test module the exam needs to be passed. However, completing the final practice test is the only requirement to complete the entire course.

So, they don't get a green dot unless they pass. However, if I am using this as part of my teaching curriculum, this makes it difficult to verify they have completed the test, because you can just skip around. Right now, I have them screen shot their scores.

• For Challenge Exercise #6 (Technical Detailed Drawing Creation), the PDF instructions are the same as the Challenge Exercise for #3 Project Setup. Are they supposed to be the same?  

No, it has not, the link was just removed, and now shows "It appears you don't have a PDF plugin for this browser". The file was never replaced...just removed.

• For the #7 Course Challenge Exercise, it references a Base and Slide but the files are not part of the file download. The only file in the download is the file gripper. Are the "Base" and "Slide" actually the "grippers" or some missing file? I can't find any files with that name as part of the course.
    • The base and slide are parts of the gripper, so the gripper file is the only dataset that you need to complete this challenge.

So, one gripper is the "base" and the other is the "slide". However, it's vague about what it's supposed to look like and there is no real "standard". Other than the 108mm of travel, there are no other criteria/measurements. I ended up creating some for my students.

• There is a #6 Technical Detailed Drawing Creation, there is no number for Course Challenge Exercise, but there is a #8 is the Practice Test.
    • Module #6 is Technical Detailed Drawing Creation, Module #7 is the Course challenge exercise, and Module #8 is the practice test.

It now shows 7 Course Challenge Exercise

Message 5 of 6
dan.banach

Hi @perrydo 

Thanks for the additional information. Most of the team is on holiday through January 2. The team will respond when they return.

Happy Holidays.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 6 of 6
octavio.raygoza

Hello @perrydo 

So, they don't get a green dot unless they pass. However, if I am using this as part of my teaching curriculum, this makes it difficult to verify they have completed the test, because you can just skip around. Right now, I have them screen shot their scores. Correct, users don't get a completing mark unless they pass the test, either final test or pre-test. This is by design, but we are taking your feedback to revise the user exeperience.

No, it has not, the link was just removed, and now shows "It appears you don't have a PDF plugin for this browser". The file was never replaced...just removed. There was a technical glitch that we believe has been solved. You can also access this exercise directly here: https://files.upskill-dev.autodesk.com/public/CAD_for_Mechanical_Design_Associate_Certification_Prep...

• For the #7 Course Challenge Exercise, it references a Base and Slide but the files are not part of the file download. The only file in the download is the file gripper. Are the "Base" and "Slide" actually the "grippers" or some missing file? I can't find any files with that name as part of the course.

So, one gripper is the "base" and the other is the "slide". However, it's vague about what it's supposed to look like and there is no real "standard". Other than the 108mm of travel, there are no other criteria/measurements. I ended up creating some for my students. We have passed this feedback to the course author.

• Module #6 is Technical Detailed Drawing Creation, Module #7 is the Course challenge exercise, and Module #8 is the practice test.

It now shows 7 Course Challenge Exercise. This is as intended.

Please let us know if you encountered other issues. We appreciate this type of feedback to improve our practices and content. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report