Fusion Educators (Read-Only)
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embossing over a Fillet corner

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
rothwilson
183 Views, 1 Reply

Embossing over a Fillet corner

Hi all let me preface my post by saying that I am just a hobbiest and my knowledge of Fusion is limited but I've been trying for more than a few hours to emboss a pattern over a filleted corner and wondered if anyone here had any tips on how to accomplish this.  I am assuming I am just going about the problem the wrong way, please see the photos included, im trying to model this replacement piece to match the pattern on a corner piece for a table and just can't get anything I've tried to work.  Things I've tried include

* sketching the pattern and attempting to emboss - Fusion tells me the faces aren't adjacent/i can't select where the 2 fillets meet in the corner

* Using a Coil to cut the model, the curve isn't right for the pattern

*Projecting the sketch onto the model - just couldn't figure out how to make it work

Any help is appreciated, thanks!  

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
kevin
in reply to: rothwilson

Hi @rothwilson a workflow you might consider is to extrude your sketches as surfaces. Then use those surfaces to split the face of your part. Then you should be able to press pull those areas to to create an emboss appearance. 

I've attached a sample part that shows the method I talk about above. 

Kevin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report