Fusion Educators (Read-Only)
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing screen hidden behind Autodesk Fusion logo

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
JohnDoornenbal
334 Views, 9 Replies

Drawing screen hidden behind Autodesk Fusion logo

I have again had random students log in to Fusion 360 and everything is hidden behind an Autodesk Fusion logo.  We can't make it disappear.  Sometimes their part will show up and as soon as they try to modify it or click on something, the Autodesk fusion logo appears.  It seems to happen to different students - one can get on normal one day and then the next day they see the logo.  Don't know how to get rid of the logo so they can see their work.  Any help would be appreciated.Carli screen Fusion.png

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
dan.banach
in reply to: JohnDoornenbal

Hi @JohnDoornenbal 

Sorry that your seeing the logo continuously. This sounds like a graphics issue. Can you please try the steps in this article Splash screen and logo remain in viewport after launching Fusion 360 and let me know if these recommendations help.

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 10
JohnDoornenbal
in reply to: dan.banach

Thanks Dan for the reply. I will try that this morning with the students
that have this issue. Never had it once last year but... Fusion has been
such a good thing for our Industrial Tech program and CNC machine. Love it!

John D
Message 4 of 10
dan.banach

Hi @JohnDoornenbal 

Were you able to resolve the issue? If so, what did you have to do?

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 5 of 10
JohnDoornenbal

I sent a reply Dan ,but for some reason it is not showing up. This did work.  We had to click the plus sign to open a new design.  Then they could open Preferences and we changed to DirectX9.  They had to close out of Fusion, open it again, an when they did, they also had to click the plus sign to open a new design and the Fusion logo went away permanently.  Thanks for your help.  Greatly appreciated!

Message 6 of 10
JohnDoornenbal

Dan, this solves the problem but for many students, it appears that it doesn't save the DirectX9 but goes back to Auto the next day.  Is there a way to make it permanent?  We click the DirectX 9 and click apply and it asks for a restart which we do and the students can get Fusion working but the next day they have to do the same thing.  Thanks for your help.

Message 7 of 10
dan.banach

Hi @JohnDoornenbal 

I just tried it on my computer and after turning the computer back on, the DirectX 9 setting was maintained. A few questions.

1. Is this happening for all your students or just some?
  2. Do the students use the same computer each day?
  3. Does this work properly for you? If so, I wonder if the IT Admins has the students' computers locked down so the changes won't stick.

Please keep us posted.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 8 of 10
JohnDoornenbal

Dan, thanks for your help.  Our tech guys think it has something to do with Google Chrome.  Our students use Chromebooks and there are other issues with students' browsers.  They are working on the issues.  I will keep you updated.

As an example, I shared a file with a student with a link.  When he clicked on the link, and then clicked on "Download in Fusion", it said that Chrome could not perform the operation. 

Message 9 of 10
dan.banach

Hi @JohnDoornenbal 

The ability to open a file from a Shared Link within the online version of Fusion may not be available because the process requires a local files to do the translation. This document may help you IT Admin:

Online - Browser access to Fusion 360 FAQ.

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 10 of 10
JohnDoornenbal

Hey Dan, our tech guys pushed an update for Google and now we have not had any issue with the logo appearing on Fusion on their Chromebooks.  Thanks for all your help.  Fusion is so good for what we do with students for both CAD and CAM. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report