Fusion Educators (Read-Only)
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmation Letter - IT Administrator (Format and Sample)

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
akash.verma1
1842 Views, 14 Replies

Confirmation Letter - IT Administrator (Format and Sample)

If someone wants to setup Autodesk Free Educational Access in his/her school as an IT Administrator, I am sharing an instructional guide developed for schools.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
dan.banach
in reply to: akash.verma1

@akash.verma1 

Thanks for sharing the documents.

To help others, below are links to the original Autodesk Education Plan - Eligibility templates for students, faculty and IT Admins. Copy the text onto your schools letterhead and complete the required information and have it signed. Then submit the completed document.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 15

Good morning,
In an account for educational institutions, can the contract manager and the IT administrator be two figures with different accounts? Is it possible to grant the IT administrator only installation permissions?

Message 4 of 15
dan.banach

Hi @andrea.garofolo.athenagroup 

Today, Autodesk Education accounts with an IT Admin profile, can only get software that can be installed on their lab computers. Can you further explain what you are looking to do for your school?

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 5 of 15

I apologize for the misunderstanding.

According to Autodesk procedures, the Autodesk account with which the institution is accredited to obtain licenses for school use automatically becomes the account of the license contract manager.

Can the contract manager delegate access to the account to IT administrators with installation privileges only?

Is the template for IT administrators / laboratory used for this purpose or is it used to obtain accreditation of the institute?

Message 6 of 15
dan.banach

The contract manager in education is different than with commercial accounts. There are three Education profiles that determine the type of software that can be installed and a school can have multiple IT Admins get software for the lab computers.

Autodesk Education Account Profiles

• Students accounts can only get licenses for their use only.
  • Educator accounts can get software for their use, and and get licensees to assign students.
  • IT Admin accounts can only get software for a school lab computers

An Educator or IT Admin account can assign secondary administrators to help manage licenses.

"To assign a Secondary admin:

1. Sign in to Autodesk Account at manage.autodesk.com and click User Management > By User.
  2. Click the name of the user to designate as a Secondary admin.
  3. Select Secondary admin from the drop-down menu under their name. The user will receive a confirmation email explaining how to manage users and assign products and services."

danbanach_0-1697044480971.png

Does this help?

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 7 of 15

in my institute account there is only the classic user management, the one shown in the photo is the new management

Classic user management does not allow you to assign multiple administrators

Is this an error?

Message 8 of 15

Are you logging into Manage.Autodesk.com with the same email address that you posted to this forum with andrea.gXXXXXXXXXX@athenagXXXXXXXXXXX

OnManage.Autodesk.com you should see the option to Invite users. Please add a screen capture for what you're seeing.

danbanach_0-1697047148500.png

With this account I can see that you started creating your Autodesk Education account with an Educator profile but never completed the verification step. Have you tried to finish creating your Autodesk Education account?

Here is a link to an article that explains the steps Fusion 360 Educator Guide.

Keep us posted.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 9 of 15

andreagarofoloathenagroup_0-1697095098400.png

no, the email address is different, I would prefer not to write publicly. As you can see in the screenshot, only classic user management is available

Message 10 of 15
dan.banach

It looks like you are logged in with a commercial account. Do you work at a school or a commercial business?

You can send a Private Message by clicking on dan.banach on one of my replies and click Private Message. This message is not displayed on the forum.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 11 of 15

I wrote to you in private mode

Message 12 of 15
dan.banach

Thanks for the Private Message. I can see that the other account is verified as a School IT Admin. I submitted a request to find out why your seeing the Classic user management dialog. 

By chance, was this email previously used to manage commercial licenses?

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 13 of 15

no, it was created specifically for this account

Message 14 of 15
dan.banach

Here is what I learned. The Secondary Admin option is not available for the IT Admin role. IT Admins only have access to Legacy/Serial Number based licenses, so you will only see the Classic User Management portal. Here are a few resources that describe the role types:

1. https://www.autodesk.com/support/account/admin/users/classic-roles
  2. https://www.autodesk.com/support/account/admin/users/roles

Sorry for the confusion. Does this help?

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 15 of 15

yes thank you very much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report