Fusion Educators (Read-Only)
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't update school computer, so files made at home won't show up

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
shane_t_ernst2XBAG
209 Views, 4 Replies

Can't update school computer, so files made at home won't show up

The school has tight regulations and it is a pain to get software updated.  I updated Fusion at home, now anything I make can't be opened at school.

What is the best way to prevent this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi @shane_t_ernst2XBAG 

Thanks for asking the question. A couple suggestions.

If your school is using Windows computers, have you looked at using the Auto-Download script?

Auto-Download for Windows users only – a time-saving process for updating Fusion Lab Installations. 
To ensure your lab version is consistent with the latest version available on students’ personal devices you now have the option to set up Auto-Downloads. Auto-Downloads for Fusion 360 automate the recurring ~8 weeks update process. Learn more about the benefits of Auto-Downloads for Windows users and the set-up instructions here - see section 6 (page 14).

Another option would be to run the online version of Fusion.

Run Fusion 360 from a browser (Chrome is preferred) by going to https://fusion.online.autodesk.com and sign in with your Autodesk Education ID (same email that you log into Fusion 360 with).

Does this help?

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 5

Thank you.  I will get in touch with IT to see if they can apply the auto-updater.  I thought there was an online one, but I couldn't find it when looking.  I will send that out to the students as well.

I will update this in about a week (enough time for IT to work) to see if that fixes the issue.

Message 4 of 5

Thank you @dan.banach for the initial quick response.  IT already has the script, they just need to deploy it.

And for me the online works fine, but the kids gives them an error saying they aren't on an educational version.  I will have to get with the teacher to figure out what the school gives out.

The information you gave should all work fine, the issues we are having at this point are just on our end.  Thank you for the help.

Message 5 of 5

Hi @shane_t_ernst2XBAG 

Thanks for the update. For licenses for your students, there are two options.

1. An educator assigns their students' licenses. With this process, after students are assigned a license, they will receive an email, in the email they'll click a link and if they don't have an Autodesk account they be prompted to create a password. Students will NOT go through the eligibility process). For instructions, here is a link to the Fusion 360 Educator Guide (option 2).
  2. Students create their own Autodesk account, go through the education eligibility process, and acquire their own license of Fusion. Here is a link to the Fusion 360 Student installation guide.

Hope this helps.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report