Fusion Educators (Read-Only)
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3Dconnection SpaceExplorer no longer works in my Fusion360!!!

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
czecht
310 Views, 5 Replies

3Dconnection SpaceExplorer no longer works in my Fusion360!!!

After I've updated to the newest Fusion360, my SpaceExplorer no longer works!!!

Why would they fix one bug and introduce more bugs?

Can anyone tell me if there is a fix for this problem?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dan.banach
in reply to: czecht

Hi czecht,

Sorry to hear that your SpaceExplorer is not working. Could you try the steps listed in this 3D Connexion knowledge article and let me know if this solves your issue?

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 6
MattPerez314

I had a few people tell me their 3dExplorer devices stopped working and the thing that worked for them was changing the SpaceMouse driver setting in User Preferences back to "Legacy".  I would give that a shot and see if it works.  I think the "latest" driver often times is the culprit.  

SpaceMouse.jpg

Message 4 of 6
czecht
in reply to: dan.banach

It works now, so thank you for your help!

It would be nice to have default set to LEGACY and a popup can inform people to change it to newest driver....

There is lot more users like me that have older, but functional hardware that Logitech stopped supporting - what a shame.

Message 5 of 6
czecht
in reply to: MattPerez314

Thank you!
It is now working like it did before.
I think that when Fusion does update, they should leave this in LEGACY mode and not change it to "newest driver"!
Message 6 of 6
MattPerez314

@czecht glad it worked!  I believe that if you set the driver as legacy your user preference will stay until you restore defaults or manually change it.  The only thing that will affect the user preferences would be a complete uninstall/reinstall or the change of a preview feature being released that must override your setting.  An old example of this was the UI change years ago.  It was in preview but eventually phased out the old UI.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report