Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit conversion issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
255 Views, 2 Replies

Unit conversion issue

Hi, im having issues with converting my units. I went throught the preferences and changed everything to standard units but no matter what i do when i go to dimension things it always comes up as metric units. Is there something im doing wrong or is it a bug?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Oceanconcepts
in reply to: Anonymous

Where are you trying to set the units? 

The preferences settings I believe pertains only to materials units, and Fusion is internally always metric. If you want to change the active units shown in a design you need to do that from the Browser interface, units tab, here:

Fusion 360ScreenSnapz076.png

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Message 3 of 3
HughesTooling
in reply to: Anonymous

Changing the units in Preferences doesn't change the units in existing designs it will only change the units in new designs. As @Oceanconcepts points out for existing designs you change the units in the browser. The only other thing that might cause a problem is if you import a model, I just uploaded a STP file to A360 that was a 1" cube when I open the file in Fusion it opens in millimeters and is a 25.4mm cube.

Clipboard01.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report