Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to extrude with unequal sides

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
thackelJ5EAP
325 Views, 3 Replies

Trying to extrude with unequal sides

Hello all. I am trying to create a triangular shaped solid. However the sides are not all equal so I've been struggling to create planes and use other tools to create my part.

From the screenshot and model, you can see there are two right triangles on each end of the part I'm trying to make. The problem is that both triangles have different dimensions that creates a slight 'twist' on the hypotenuse part of the solid. Additionally the faces the triangles are pointing in different directions, making for a fairly complex part. Is there any solution to create this?

Wedge.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jhackney1972
in reply to: thackelJ5EAP

Here is your model.  You also have some open sketch points and no dimensions so the size may be different when the sketch points are connected.  Surfaces are your answer I believe.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 4
davebYYPCU
in reply to: thackelJ5EAP

From your file,  (Not what I would do.)

Extrude the blue sketch, higher than the triangles.

Loft inclined lines in both triangles with Surface > Loft, to make a Split Body cutter.

Split the extruded body with the cutter body, 

Remove the cutter body and excess solid.

Avoid 3d sketching, until you realise what they are for.

Using the origin - is a great idea.

hcoih.PNGsbwsl.PNGhcoih2.PNG

Message 4 of 4
thackelJ5EAP
in reply to: jhackney1972

That's perfect! Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report