Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Defining A Circle

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
835 Views, 4 Replies

Trouble Defining A Circle

I'm having trouble fully defining a circle.  I create it, give it a diameter - after that I want to provide a dimension to the edge of the object, but I can't get it to work.  I'm thinking it may be because the object is curved - it does not have a straight edge.

If that is my issue, how does one constrain a circle in that sort of scenario?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jeff_strater
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, you should be able to dimension, even to a curved edge.  What kind of curve is the edge of the object?  Is it a circular curve as well?  You can dimension between circular edges by dimensioning between the centers.  Or, you can create a construction line to create geometry you can dimension to.

Here are a couple of examples:

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jeff_strater

Jeff thank you for the reply and the attached video.

My head was spinning and now I am back at it.  I think I resolved my issue, but I am proceeding slowly..

Message 4 of 5
jasonhomrighaus
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you trying to add a sketch dimension or are you trying to turn your 2D circle into a 3D Disc?

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jasonhomrighaus

@jasonhomrighaus wrote:

Are you trying to add a sketch dimension or are you trying to turn your 2D circle into a 3D Disc?

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply.

I was trying to add a sketch dimension.  I'm chalking up my failure to newbie overload.  When I came back to it a day or so later I was able to add the dimension I needed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report