Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thicken command failing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
raymond_raymond_248193
193 Views, 4 Replies

Thicken command failing

Hello everyone, so I have a very complex surface model but I have issues getting it to thicken and I have tried everything I know to get it to work but I still haven’t been able to fix it. Perhaps I can get some help here. I have attached the file to this post. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I see your file and you can use the thicken tool to each surface and check which surface is having the problem to create the surface. Also, It is important to know which direction you are making the thickness.  

Select one by one and you will know which one is the problem when you are making the thickness. 

When you identify wich ones are the problem, then try to modify them, change them, smooth them, etc. 

Message 3 of 5

thank you for looking into it. Also I have done that earlier and I don’t know if this is label enough but it’s that part of the model that is posing a problem really. While the other parts of the model collectively has refused to thicken past 2mm downward. But individually they all thicken, but collectively it’s a problem especially this labeled part. 

IMG_8241.jpeg

Message 4 of 5

That means the intersections are not smooth, try to make the curves smoother on surface changes

Message 5 of 5

Honestly, I have tried that but I just got an idea which I’m not so sure would be feasible here especially with the complexity of the design but I’ll try it when I get back to the workshop but perhaps you can help me look into it as well, if you aren’t too busy. Cos I’m out of ideas really 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report