Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion to improve Fusion 360 "Pan, Zoom, Orbit Shortcuts"

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
splarv
279 Views, 1 Reply

Suggestion to improve Fusion 360 "Pan, Zoom, Orbit Shortcuts"

One of the most confusing feature of Fusion 360 that you can not pan and orbit model with one right hand. You must or keep you left hand on the keyboard to press shift or constantly keep the mouse on the "cube" or switch to non Fusion 360 "Pan, Zoom, Orbit" shortcuts. But I dislike later, I like to have gesture menu on right button.

So I have suggestion how to improve Fusion 360 shortcuts schema. What about add shortcut "middle+right mouse" to the orbit action. This will be compatible with the classic schema (nothing will be changed for old), but now will be possible do all viewing action with one right hand: pan - middle mouse, zoom - wheel mouse, orbit middle+right mouse (first middle and in the pan mode right mouse turn on orbit), menu gestures - just right mouse, select object - left mouse.

PS Yes, I know, that I can change shortcuts to Thinkercad and I already did this in the past. But I found the gestures menu on the right mouse is useful and I want to keep it too. So my suggestion is about how to add orbit to a mouse without breaking old behaviour.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jhackney1972
in reply to: splarv

Sorry for my post, I failed to see your P.S. before I posted.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report