Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange centre-point arc problem

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
lemelman
379 Views, 6 Replies

Strange centre-point arc problem

This is an odd one. I'm in a sketch and want to draw an arc between two specific points with centre at the origin. I choose the centre-point arc tool and click the origin, but the arc centre is somewhere other than the origin - it's miles away. See attached screen shot. It's happened on several sketches. If I try and try again, it sometimes works.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
davebYYPCU
in reply to: lemelman

You can’t draw anything under the Browser.

Review the video again, the centre point gets detached from the mouse as your mouse goes under the Browser space.

Zoom out, should work.

Might help…..

Message 3 of 7
lemelman
in reply to: davebYYPCU

Zooming out didn't work -why should the mouse pointer loose the centre pointer?

Message 4 of 7
laughingcreek

is this just happening with CenterPoint arcs?

Message 5 of 7
HughesTooling

I can get this to happen but only if I start the command from the dropdown menu, I have the arc icons on the top tool bar and using from there works fine. This problem has come up before and it is only a problem if the mouse pointer is under the area where the browser is.

You can see here the pointer has hit the side of the browser and will not move any further to the left.

HughesTooling_0-1714491943074.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7

Bit more testing and it seems like all the commands on the dropdown menu have this problem. Seems like the browser is grabbing focus and blocking the drawing area. After starting the arc command, if you click the tab for the active design the pointer works correctly again. @Phil.E Is this a known problem at the moment? EDIT, seeing this on 2 Windows PCs.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
Phil.E
in reply to: HughesTooling

Thanks for reporting. This is reported in ticket FUS-49946. I'll add the link to this page and comments to update the ticket. 

Here is a bit more explanation.

PhilE_0-1714574380101.pngPhilE_1-1714574394628.png

Other than being careful how the mouse moves, here are two other workarounds:

PhilE_2-1714574420701.png

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report