Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slat Wall

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
lrhaile
308 Views, 6 Replies

Slat Wall

I have a wall that is 114" x 80" and I'm trying to design a slat wall.  I would like to experiment with different width boards and different spacing.  I'm familiar with the pattern function, but would like to be able to constrain it to the above dimensions and then play with the width of the slats and the space between them.  Any suggestions.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mango.freund
in reply to: lrhaile

Hello, I cannot recommend your previous work for the task. why don't you work with solids? Unfortunately, fusion has no random factor in the parameters that you can use for different widths. I recommend you to create a simple wall and make a sketch on it with about 5 lines of different distances. use pipe command for the "distance". then row arrangement over the entire length. best regards mango
Message 3 of 7
evanp4509U4JZ

Not much help but for inspiration check this out.https://lagunatools.com/videos/smartshop/#P3AGUdCnS04

Fast forward to the last 30 seconds or so.

Message 4 of 7
etfrench

Rectangular Pattern does exactly what you're asking.  Simply edit the parameters.

RPattern.JPG

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
lrhaile
in reply to: etfrench

This is really cool.  Is there any way to "reverse" it?  The smaller gaps are going to be dictated by some aluminum led channel that will go in some (20mm wide), and I want one dead center, so what I really need to determine is what width I need to cut the slats (~1-1.25 in.) and how many I will need.

Message 6 of 7
lrhaile
in reply to: etfrench

I created the pattern symmetrically from the center line, with 57 in as the parameter.  However, when I measure with the measure tool I get 114.778 in.  Any idea why the discrepancy?

lrhaile_0-1643678934267.png

lrhaile_1-1643679025596.png

Message 7 of 7
etfrench

It's pretty straight forward to do.

• Start by drawing 2 vertical lines 80 inches long and 10mm on each side of the main origin.
  • Create a rectangular pattern with a Direction Type: Symmetric, Distance: 57 +(10/25.4), and an odd number for the Quantity.  Use the distance formula with the metric conversion if you want each end to start with a slat.  If you want them to start with a space remove the (10/25.4).
  • Draw horizontal lines between the endpoints.
  • Extrude

ETFrench

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report