Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perpendicular lines on path on sketch arc

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
North_of_29
369 Views, 6 Replies

Perpendicular lines on path on sketch arc

Hello,

I know right away people are going to say you can't do anything on a path for sketches.  This is why I am consulting the oracle.  I am trying to make a cribbage board, the lines for every 5 points are easily cut in CAM with a trace operation so  I need the sketch to reflect what will be the CAM.  Also, I would like to automate the lines somehow to stop me from having to manually add 69 of these lines for the three player set.

I have thought about creating bodies and then 'pattern on a path' but there is no way to do a body without having more than 1 line translate to the sketch with project.  ie. a rectangle will project two lines between the 5 points not 1.  Then I would have go back through for even more manual work.

I have attached a screenshot and the .f3d of the project.

An easy way to do this in Fusion has to be possible, I must just not be thinking creatively enough.  Any help would be appreciated!

Elliott

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
davebYYPCU
in reply to: North_of_29

I know very little about cribbage.

Usually reading a file timeline helps with answers to the question.

Ummmm.

you can't do anything on a path for sketches.

There's a reason for that.  Modelling Patterns are much more efficient (than sketch patterns which are not recommended)

I thought cribbage boards were full of holes.  You have 360 pegs.

crbbgdb.PNG

These holes are radially spaced, but you are using almost the same elliptical Path length for yours, (699, 728, and 703 in round numbers), which adds complexity.  I presume you want to groove a box around the groups of holes.

Make the board as a 3d model, and then getting Fusion to supply the trace path as an output, not an input that you appear to be attempting.

Might help...

Message 3 of 7
MichaelT_123

Hi Mr. Revamped_Outdoors,

... have not too much time ...

Look at the attached file ... I hope it will give you some idea how to progress with the project.

Regards

MichaelT

MichaelT
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 7
North_of_29
in reply to: davebYYPCU

Thanks for the reply, I will need to have sketch lines for the trace operation on the CNC mill.  I am trying to use a small engrave bit to make the lines around the 5 hole sets. I think I will have to manually complete this action, if I project the completed 3D model it will have two lines for each line on the project sketch profile not 1 line for the CNC path.  I would then have to go through and delete the line off of center for each set.

Message 5 of 7
North_of_29
in reply to: MichaelT_123

Thank you for the file as reference.  I will look into using bodies and then project back to a sketch.  If I can figure out how to remove the redundant lines from the rectangles quickly this would work well for my application.

Message 6 of 7
jhackney1972

I did not create the needed sketch lines for the whole board but just enough to illustrate my method.  If you have questions, please ask.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 7 of 7
North_of_29
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thank you for this screen share, I had no idea that it is possible to extrude a sketch line and then project from it, I thought it had to be a formal 3D body.  This is definitely a viable option.  Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report