Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open drawing from design enviroment

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
dcAWMGX
315 Views, 8 Replies

Open drawing from design enviroment

Hi,

We have the option to open the 3D part from the 2D drawing, but is there a way to do it the other way around? opening the 2D drewing from the design?

It would be very handy when changes have been made in the design and i need to update the 2D drawing.

Best regards

Dan

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
HughesTooling
in reply to: dcAWMGX

Edit. Sorry read got that the wrong way around.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
MRWakefield

Well, you used to be able to click the version drop-down in the Data Panel and there would be an area that listed the drawings associated with that model but that seems to have changed:

MRWakefield_0-1704795280051.png

It appears that now it thinks every model is a configured design and directs you to your team hub!?

EDIT:

After a restart of Fusion it now shows associated drawings correctly:

MRWakefield_0-1704796208142.png

If this answers your question please mark the thread as solved as it can help others find solutions in the future.
Marcus Wakefield

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I've created a Windows application for creating custom thread files for Fusion. You can find out about it here. Hope you find it useful.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Message 4 of 9
dcAWMGX
in reply to: MRWakefield

I still have to locate the file in the explorer and then the drawing is direct below it.

To explain the workflow:

I open the assembly containing 50-100 components, open the parts from there and make the changes, in this way i don´t have to navigate around the explorer to locate the parts that need modifying.

Being able to open the drawing directly from the part would save a lot of time navigating the explorer to fint files/drawings. 

Message 5 of 9
MRWakefield

Sorry, unfortunately I don't know of a way of opening a drawing directly from the model/assembly in the design environment but thought this might be a useable workaround.

@dcAWMGX wrote:

...Being able to open the drawing directly from the part would save a lot of time navigating the explorer to fint files/drawings. 

I couldn't agree more.

If this answers your question please mark the thread as solved as it can help others find solutions in the future.
Marcus Wakefield

I've created a Windows application for creating custom thread files for Fusion. You can find out about it here. Hope you find it useful.

Message 6 of 9
HughesTooling

@dcAWMGX wrote:

I still have to locate the file in the explorer and then the drawing is direct below it.

That highlights another missing feature! Would be really helpful if you could open the project\folder where the design is stored from any of the workspaces (design, drawings etc.) as well.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
dcAWMGX
in reply to: HughesTooling

Yes that would be a great feature too.

Message 8 of 9

@dcAWMGX , @HughesTooling If you are part of the insider program, you may want to try out the Details Page feature (coming soon by end of Jan...). Adding a quick video for reference!

Message 9 of 9

@anoop.sukumaran.latha Really what we need are more options within the design and drawings workspaces to open the project\folder where a design is stored.

Like right click the top folder in the browser and have an option to open the Project\folder.

Thanks Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report