Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New computer - whats best?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
553 Views, 2 Replies

New computer - whats best?

Hi!

I am a Design & Tech student and I use AutoDesk Fusion & Illustrator. I saw some previous post about needing a computer that has i7, at least 16GB of memory and GTX 9XX series. Lots of people seem to work on MacBooks are thay better than other laptops or is it just personal preference.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
aaronkcap
in reply to: Anonymous

An i7 with 16gigs of ram should be sufficient for just about anything you want to do. If you want to stick with team green on gpu's the look for a quadro series because there is some features that Adobe has locked to quadros, radeons, firepros ans some intel integrated graphics https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements.html the link has the supported card list on it. Personally Im looking at the MSI WS63

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I work with a Mac mini core i5 2.6GHz 8Go and the performances are quite enough, even working with quite complex models (like this one) :

Capture d’écran 2018-03-27 à 01.37.16.png 

The only issue is when doing complex operations like shell or fillet I may have to wait tens of seconds.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report