Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with rotating a swept body

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jwlefkoff
311 Views, 4 Replies

Issues with rotating a swept body

I am trying to design a marble track and in doing so chose to try and sweep the same profile along a sketched path. The problem is that for some reason this results in the body being turned at weird angles that cannot seem to be undone or reverted back to the face's original position. Below is an image of what I am attempting to describe (The blue marks being the desired location) alongside my files. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jhackney1972
in reply to: jwlefkoff

I could not make much sense of your model so I created one of my own to demonstrate what caused your sweep twist and how to correct it.  The Screencast shows the processes.  My model is attached if you are interested.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 5
jwlefkoff
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thanks for the help. I managed to fix the twisting issue from your guide but now I'm getting this overlap at the intersections. Any suggestions?

Message 4 of 5
jhackney1972
in reply to: jwlefkoff

If you get your path sketch corner radii to match your chute profile, the corners will take care of themselves.  The attached model is not what you want, I know, but I only did it to show how the corners will adjust if the radii are correct for the profile.  Get your track sketch in place with adequate radii and then create a Plane Along a Path at any point your desire.  Put your profile on that plane.  This is what I did to show you the smooth corners.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 5 of 5
jwlefkoff
in reply to: jhackney1972

Praise be to thee! Thanks for all your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report