Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues configuring CNC Grinding machine

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
juliancardro
33 Views, 0 Replies

Issues configuring CNC Grinding machine

Hi, I have an issue with a custom 4 axis CNC machine I created and imported to the Machine Library. The machine is a CNC grinding wheel, which has the purpose of moving the part or Stock  material, using 4 axis, into the abrasive face of the grinding wheel. Because of this CNC machine has a unique kinematics for its axis. The machine has 2 linear axis and 2 rotational axis on the table side and a stationary cutting wheel or grinding wheel as the tool that “cuts” or abrasive agent.

The working principle is that the 4 axis moves and rotates the “stock” into the correct position and then presses the part/”stock” into the grinding wheel, hence cutting off un necessary material. So the cutting tool and “Head” are both stationary in linear movement , and only the grinding wheel or “cutting tool” rotates. All the kinetic movement is made from the table and the “Part” that will be cut.
But once the machine is imported and is working as intended in “Machine Maker”, I am not able to import a tool correctly and the process paths and steps it takes are incorrect, since the tool is still the one moving, not the “table”.

How can I specify the correct orientation for my tool and how do I make sure that the paths the simulation shows would be correct?
Is there a specific processor that I need to use?

The movement the machine needs to do is written as a step by step here:

CNC Gem Cutting Machine: Home Location and Work Area Definition

1. Home Position:
    • Defined as the coordinates (X, Y, Z) = (0, 0, 0).
  2. X-Axis:
    • X = 0 is located at the center of the cutting area and is stationary.
  3. Y-Axis:
    • Y = 0 is positioned on the left side of the cutting plate.
  4. Z-Axis:
    • Z = 0 is at the top of the left side of the cutting plate.
  5. B-Axis:
    • The B-axis rotates 90 degrees around the Z-axis.
  6. C-Axis:
    • The C-axis is mounted on top of the B-axis and features 96 indexed positions.
  7. Cutting Starting Point (CSP):
    • The CSP on the Y-axis is defined as Y = 10 mm (Y = 0 + 10 mm).
    • The CSP on the Z-axis is also set at Z = 0.
  8. Maximum Cutting Area:
    • The maximum cutting area extends from the CSP (Y = 10 mm) to Y = 50 mm (CSP + 40 mm) to the right.
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report