Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with local rendering.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1091 Views, 4 Replies

Issue with local rendering.

Hey all,

So I wanted to render an image locally, but fusion 360 locks up as soon as I hit the render button after setting quality and image size.

This was working fine before, but since the issue with the cloud today this started. I usually just render locally, but because I wanted a high resolution picture I decided to try cloud rendering. Unfortunately the cloud is down, so I started offline mode and decided to make a lower quality render. But now local render just doesn't work. Switching DirectX doesn't help, I just tried that. Meanwhile, my computer is working fine and is responsive.

No error reports or anything. I just tried again and will leave fusion hanging to see if the app pops out of it. But if anyone has a good idea in the meantime I am all ears. It could be my settings or something, or the model I am trying to render. It is a Voronoi patterned hearth set to emission, inside another hearth set to an adjusted gemstone material. And I just realized that they are somewhat clipping into eachother, which might cause issues.. The app is also struggling to maintain framerate while the voronoi heart is visible, so I might just be asking for too much. (All those triangles emitting light in all directions, combined with the refraction of the gemstone material..) It's just that usually the apps starts rendering, just really slow. It never locked up before today, that's why I thought it might have to do with your other issues??

So at a total loss here as to what could be the problem, and I thank anyone in advance for trying to help. Cheers!

Nick

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
colin.smith
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Are you still seeing this issue?  Local render should work fine regardless if you have cloud access or not. 

Do you want to share the file?

Thanks

Colin

Colin Smith
Sr. Product Manager
SketchBook
Alias Create VR (aka Project Sugarhill)
Automotive & Conceptual Design Group
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: colin.smith

Hi Colin,

Well I somewhat figured out what causes the lock up, it's the voronoi heart. When I hide it and only render the one with the gemstone material it works fine..

When I hide that one and render only the voronoi heart, lock up..

Should've tried that before posting I guess, but I think the issue is due to my system specs not cutting it anymore..

Strange thing is that my system responds fine while fusion just hangs.

Dodgy AMD Quadcore FX CPU, only 4 Gigs of RAM and a R7 260X 2GB GPU.. Surprised I could do anything rendering related actually..

One of the reasons I  want to try cloud rendering is the fact that a 1920x1080p image takes at least 5 hours locally..

Multiple objects combined with emissive and translucent materials give an estimate of about 38 hours, so I'm not even going there!

I've also tried converting the imported meshbodies to a new closed mesh and then rendering again, even though I had been able to render imported meshes directly in the past, but to no avail..

I have attached the file (f3d) so you can check it out, since I could be wrong and it is a bug or something.

And aside from this, just wanted to say that I love this program and it's rendering capabilities. Some pretty nice results with minimal efforts and I love things like adding my own textures for materials with ease. So thumbs up to that!

Once again thank you for replying!

Nick

Message 4 of 5
colin.smith
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I was seeing some odd behaviour on my side due to the outage that we should fix on our side. 

I'll download your file and take a look. 

Colin

Colin Smith
Sr. Product Manager
SketchBook
Alias Create VR (aka Project Sugarhill)
Automotive & Conceptual Design Group
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: colin.smith

Hello again,

Well if you find anything I did to mess it up please let me know. I couldn't get it to render no matter what resolution or quality, but like I said.. Bargain bin computer..

I also ran into another cloud rendering issue yesterday, but I'll make a new post about it.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report