Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to replace the sketch used early in a parametric design?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
nikkwong0
335 Views, 1 Reply

Is it possible to replace the sketch used early in a parametric design?

Hi,

I have a parametric sketch, which relies on circles and square sketches early in the design. However, now those squares must become ovals, and the squares must become rounded. How can I replace these features, without breaking the parametric relationships? I have tried to modify the sketches, but it seems impossible to modify the shape of a circle, etc. 

Any direction is appreciated. Thank you. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
davebYYPCU
in reply to: nikkwong0

Another ambiguous question with no visual aids for responders to even assist.

I take it that we are still in the original design, 3 tangent circles rolling on another circle.

When you find a way to make a circle not a circle, ????

You will be better served, telling us what you want to design, and what parametric changes that design must tolerate, then we may be able to tell you how to structure a Fusion file that will do that.  But if you don't tell us what you want, how can we tell you how to do it.

Sometimes you bite the bullet and start over with plans that will get you to the end of the journey.

Without going back to your design since the other day, I would start by fully defining the sketches as they are done.

Might sound critical, but we can help with enough information.....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report