Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see black and white wirefreame

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
dom.messerli
2773 Views, 13 Replies

How to see black and white wirefreame

On my MacBook Pro, In Fusion 360, in the model work space, under Display Settings, Visual Style, I have selected "Wireframe with visible edges only" and under Display Settings/Environment I have selected "Photo Booth". With these settings, I do get a gray background and only really faint white lines for the models edges. Does anyone now how I could get a white background and black lines/wireframe?

I would like to take screen shots of different views/model orientations with a clearly visible black wireframe on a white background without having to go into the drawing work space of Fusion 360 where you are limited on what model orientations you can select.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
etfrench
in reply to: dom.messerli

Setting the 'Environment' to 'Photo Booth' should give you a white background.  Can you try other settings in Environment.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 3 of 14
dom.messerli
in reply to: etfrench

Thank you etfrench! Unfortunately I am have the setting set to Photo Booth and it does give me a whitish/grayish background which I am OK with but I need the model wireframe lines to be black and they are only displayed in a faint white. I need them to be a solid black. Any other suggestions?

Thank you

Message 4 of 14
etfrench

Actually, 'Infinity Pool' should give you a pure white background.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 5 of 14
mstrater

"Photobooth" and "Wireframe with Visual Edges Only" gives me these results:

wireframe.png

Max Strater
Sr. Software Engineer
Message 6 of 14
dom.messerli
in reply to: mstrater

Very interesting "mstrader"! Unfortunately these settings give me very faint white lines. I wonder why? Does it have anything to do with the material/appearance of the model?

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

Have you tried to sign out, close fusion and restart it?

Message 8 of 14
dom.messerli

Max, see my attachment for what I see on my screen.

Thank you!

Message 9 of 14
dom.messerli
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, I have signed out, closed fusion and restarted it. Same result, white wireframe.

Message 10 of 14
mstrater

I using the default materials and appearance.

Hmmm... I wonder if we have a bug on our hands. It kinda seems like the wire color got stuck on a different setting

A couple ideas you could try:

-Cycle between the different "Environment" and "Visual Style" settings

-Restart Fusion

-Reinstall Fusion

I'll ask around and see if anyone else can reproduce this issue.

Thanks,

Max

Max Strater
Sr. Software Engineer
Message 11 of 14
dom.messerli

Thank you Max!

I have cycled between different "Environment" and "Visual Styles" settings, no success.

I have restarted Fusion 360 no luck.

But, I have but the "opacity" control to 50%, and then I get a black wireframe!! So for now, that may be my workaround to set the opacity control to 50%.

Dom

Message 12 of 14
mstrater

Oh yeah the opacity control, that would do it. Glad you figured it out!

Max Strater
Sr. Software Engineer
Message 13 of 14
eduard

Hello, I have the same problem. The opacity control works for me as well, but sets the opacity to transparency to objects. For wireframe its ok, but for the model is a bit hard to work with. 

Message 14 of 14
dom.messerli
in reply to: eduard

Eduard,

I agree with you, it is not an optimal solution. I feel there needs to be a better solution to solve this problem. It should be possible to see black lines when in the wireframe display mode. The white, faint lines are just not workable.

Dom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report