Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to parametrically select multiple bodies?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ronXRF9K
262 Views, 6 Replies

How to parametrically select multiple bodies?

I am new to Fusion and am trying to parametrically select multiple bodies. I can easily generate the bodies using Pattern, but how can I select them, for example, to use with Combine?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
laughingcreek
in reply to: ronXRF9K

you can't do it that way.  you'll probably need to pattern a feature instead of a body to achieve what your trying to do.  can you attach an example for us to help you with? (export model as a .f3d and attach)

Message 3 of 7
TrippyLighting

We've asked for that for many, many years in conjunction with the pattern tools. In many cases there are workarounds, However, if you can share your model we might be able to work around the issue.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
ronXRF9K

Thanks laughingcreek and TrippyLighting for getting back so quickly. The attached is a simple example of what I am trying to achieve. My problem is with the Combine; how do I specify all the bodies so that I can combine them when I do not know how many there are?

Message 5 of 7
laughingcreek

in this case doing the combine once and patterning the resulting faces works better. see attached.

Message 6 of 7
g-andresen

Hi,

You can also use the "Extrude/Cut" feature to create the pattern.

günther

Message 7 of 7
ronXRF9K
in reply to: g-andresen

Thanks everyone. Sometimes one gets stuck thinking about a problem one way and misses the obvious solution. Thanks again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report