Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to make loop de loop marble machine track?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
bizilux
2013 Views, 7 Replies

How to make loop de loop marble machine track?

Hello all, i've tried a few different ways, i've tried googling, i've tried many things, but I just cant seem to figure out how to create a loop for my marbles to roll down...no matter which idea i try, every time i get stuck at the loop because fusion just does these weird rotations where my loop is...

L2.PNGL1.PNG

does anyone have a solution? like literally anything that will help me make a loop with a sweep of a sketch... ๐Ÿ™‚

Im making 3D-printed marble machines ๐Ÿ™‚ www.outofmarbles.com
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
LeonardoBN
in reply to: bizilux

Hi @bizilux.

Have you tried the Sweep's Twist Angle?

Captura de tela 2020-09-21 16.55.07.png

โ€ƒ

Leonardo Brunelli do Nascimento
Chemical Engineer
Message 3 of 8
bizilux
in reply to: LeonardoBN

Thank you leonardo ๐Ÿ™‚

that twist angle almost never works for me, but yeah it did work in this case because just the loop was its own body.

now i need to tidy it up, add some guard rails, etc... and do a test 3d print ๐Ÿ™‚   probably 0% chances that it will work with marbles in the first try lol

l3.PNG

Message 4 of 8
TheCADWhisperer

@bizilux wrote:

...probably 0% chances that it will work with marbles in the first try

If you are a student - you can simulate in Autodesk Inventor - Dynamic Simulation to make sure that it will work...

Message 5 of 8
bizilux
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

sadly not a student anymore... I have a business (startup)  https://outofmarbles.com/

simulations look neat yes, I can't see them working reliably every time though... marbles are chaotic in nature ๐Ÿ˜›

This is what I'm test 3d printing over the night. The top of the loop is split in the middle and will be printed upside down so that the contact area where the marbles roll will be smooth.

2.PNG

Message 6 of 8
chrisplyler

What is this devil sorcery in which marbles can defy gravity?

Message 7 of 8
bizilux
in reply to: chrisplyler

I know what you mean... but my "ring of fire" module, for example, works 95% of the times, but there are some instances where marbles fall short or out of the funnel... I don't know if you can replicate that in simulations? also the fact that these are 3d printed parts, which don't have a perfectly smooth surface as they would have in inventor, etc..

https://outofmarbles.com/products/ring-of-fire

For me its easier to just 3d print it and try it out... I'm kind of getting better at designing marble machines as the time goes on, this loop de loop worked in the first try, now im 3d printing another version with a bit higher guard rails and then I will test it on marble machine

Message 8 of 8
chrisplyler

You are obviously a witch.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report