Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create 3D body plastics

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Freudenbergcole
183 Views, 3 Replies

How to create 3D body plastics

Hi all, I am working on a project where I need to create body panels for a snowmobile. However, I’m struggling to figure out how to create a 3D part that would represent this. In particular, where the body plastics change x,y, and z directions at once. 
I’m coming from SolidWorks, so I have some good experience, however I’m still new to Fusion. 

I’ve attached a picture of an example of similar plastics I’m designing, and also a picture of what I have so far. 
Thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

@Freudenbergcole wrote:

I’m coming from SolidWorks, ... .

So you can do this in Solidworks and just need some help in finding an equivalent workflow?

EESignature

Message 3 of 4

I’ve never made this exact part in SolidWorks. When I would work with 3 dimensions at once, generally I would use the 3D sketch tool with a sweep or loft, however I’m unsure how to use a 3D sketch and use the extrude, loft, or sweep tool to get a solid part. 

Message 4 of 4

If you have more images of the part from different viewpoints I  can possibly show you how I'd model it.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report