Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy a design with components, drawings and parts

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Bernd_CAD
348 Views, 0 Replies

How to copy a design with components, drawings and parts

I have a design with 3 components and 2 imported parts (standard parts). Out of this design I created several drawings in one folder -sheet 1 till 7.

So far so good.

Now I want to copy the design with the drawings and change some measures to get a different size.

If I copy the design inside Fusion 360 I loose the connection to the drawing.

If I use 'Fusion 360 archive' function over the internet browser I get the exported drawing and complete design.

Now I import the drawing in Fusion 360. The design and parts are also imported.

The function between the drawing and the design is fine.

But the standard parts are also imported. Now I have them twice inside Fusion Data Panel.

That's not what I want. If I copy the design several times - I have the same part lets say 10 times imported.

That's confusing. If I want to make a change on the part I have to make it 10 times.

So I thought, lets delete the parts out of the design and insert the original part again. That's working fine.

But I can not delete the imported parts. Because they refer to Version 1 of the imported design. After deleting the parts the design has Version 2.

Is there an easy way to solve this problem?

The work around will be to import and export it twice. Import design with parts -> delete parts > export design again -> import design again -> delete imported design with parts.

Thanks for your minds.

Best regards,

Bernd 

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report