Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change part number

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
287 Views, 1 Reply

How to change part number

I'm designing in Fusion 360 to export and use in ROS (robot operating system). One of the requirements for the export is that I have a component named "base_link" in my design. I'm trying to improve my workflow and have started making parts in separate designs and including them in my main file. The problem is that when importing a design, Fusion uses the part name for the imported component including the version number. Another requirement is that I can't have nested components in my file as this isn't supported by the script so I cant just make a component in the part design and rename the part number there. 

partnumber.jpg

Is there any way to suppress this so that the imported component name is the part name or maybe a way to edit the part number for the base component in my part design file (It's greyed out as you can see in the photo)?

Thanks

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
g-andresen
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

take a look at the Roadmap 2021  

There are interesting announcements on the BOM and also on title blocks.

günther

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report