Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hole position

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
395 Views, 3 Replies

hole position

Hello all,

Tryingto make a hole in all four corners of each sction of the drawing below.  i am trying to get the hole(s) equidistant from each of the chamfered edges.  the only way i can figure out how to do it now is to do one hole at a time and with trial and error.  it does not seem to let me reference an edge.  any suggestions?

pen.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
venkitr
in reply to: Anonymous

Not sure if this would suffice your requirement, but one option you could consider is to add reference dimension from faces as shown below to place your hole at correct position.

Hole_reference.png

Apart from that currently i don't see any other option.

Rajesh V

Fusion Development team

Rajesh.V

Fusion 360 Developer

Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 3 of 4
O.Tan
in reply to: Anonymous

Hmm, will creating Tangent Planes and create sketch from there helps?

Omar Tan
Malaysia
Mac Pro (Late 2013) | 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5 | 12GB 1.8 GHz DDR3 ECC | Dual 2GB AMD FirePro D300
MacBook Pro 15" (Late 2016) | 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 16GB 2.1 GHz LPDDR3 | 4GB AMD RadeonPro 460
macOS Sierra, Windows 10

Message 4 of 4
venkitr
in reply to: O.Tan

Unfortunately you could only currently choose faces as reference for positioning the hole.

Hole_reference2.png

But you could use the measure command to calculate the value and input measure.png

Rajesh.V

Fusion 360 Developer

Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report