Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting another indefinite save to cloud

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
607 Views, 10 Replies

Getting another indefinite save to cloud

But this time it cannot be solved by restarting Fusion

https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/61b814f7-45d2-426f-8d09-30e5a8a5af75

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
RajkumarIlanchelian
in reply to: Anonymous

HI,

We have identified the cause of this problem and have since fixed the issue. Please do let us know if you continue seeing this problem. This is also discussed in length in this thread.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/general-fusion-360-questions/unable-to-save/td-p/5487718

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: RajkumarIlanchelian

I'm currently having this same problem.  I've tried to restart f360 numerous times.

Message 4 of 11
RajkumarIlanchelian

Can you please try the below and let me know if this worked for you:

1. Switch to the offline mode (Under your account name dropdown in the top right corner should give you this option or you can disconnect internet)

2. The file that you are working on should be available in the data panel

3. Open the file and make any change enough to save it

4. Now go back online

5. The design should now connect and start the proper upload to the cloud

Also under help - Diagnostics log file run this to generate a zip file. Please send the zip file to raj.kumar.ilanchelian@autodesk.com

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

That worked perfectly.  Thank you for the help.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Rajkumar,

is that considered fixed? Or is that just a workaround?

Message 7 of 11
RajkumarIlanchelian

It is a workaround and fixed. You hit this issue because of a intermittant back end issue (which is now fixed). To get your data back on track you had to do the workaround :).

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

I had the same problem earlier this evening. Unfortunately I was unaware of your "back end" problems.  I finally switched to offline mode as a last attempt to get some work done and I was able to open my design, save changes and when I switched back online the hung upload cleared.

While I realize things are going to go "tilt" from time to time with any system, "back end" problems should not create local problems for your users. It would be nice have some of these work arounds automated so they happen in a manner that does not negatively impact the user.  Fusion, or A360, could easily detect a hung upload condition, notify the user, flush the failed upload and open the latest version from the users local hard drive.  This would require a local copy to be made of everything that is uploaded when its uploaded.  If you scan through the blog you will find many users expressing concern over exclusive cloud storage because of worry about "back end" issues that can happen at any time, restricting access to their designs. I like the cloud, but I like the cloud with a local mirror more.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

So what are we supposed to do when we saved from one computer, went off site and want to open it on a different computer, but all we get is the saving to cloud.  Go Ofline, and there is nothing on this computer. ;~(

Ok, this is even better.  I remembered I had remote desktop set up on the original computer.  Connected to it with Remote, and fired up Fusion.  The part doesn't show loading to cloud on that computer.  Switched back to the second computer and started up Fusion and it is still showing uploading on this computer.    So why is it uploading when viewed from one computer but not the other.

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Finally reconnected using Remote, and started Fusion.  Loaded the part , and did a saveas.  Came back to second computer and refreshed,  Was then able to load the saved copy.  The original still says it is saving on this machine.

Message 11 of 11

FYI -- I am seeing this behavior today, i.e., continuous saving of last model worked on when opening the software for next session. One restart doesn't seem to have any effect; the Clod save is still cranking away. I suspect this issue is not yet fixed. I also did the offline change and save tactic without success; the model is still saving 10 minutes later.

I will email you the log file.

Thanks --

Matt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report