Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generative Design Algorithm document

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
bespel
1343 Views, 12 Replies

Generative Design Algorithm document

Hi,

I was looking for some info about generative design in Fusion, some pdfs.

Something deeper that explain the technical approach, the matrix,formulas,  etc, something.

It's all so blind for customer the results.

For example, the generative results...does it take into account the buckling phenomenon?

Maybe generative EE  @I_Forge_KC  can help us!

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
MoshiurRashid
in reply to: bespel

Hi

Thanks for posting. If you want to know more about Generative design. Also took a look at the AU classes, Design Academy courses, I can now suggest you to look at research gate and google scholar to get some research papers to read. You should understand the difference between topology optimization and generative design also. That's how you can go deeper. I'm also trying.

Moshiur Rashid
Autodesk Certified Instructor
ACP | CSWE
https://www.autodesk.com/expert-elite/overview

LINKEDIN | FACEBOOK

Message 3 of 13
bespel
in reply to: MoshiurRashid

Thanks,

but I have asked for something specific.

I know the difference between opology optimization and generative, and in all the AU generative class there isn't a so tech document shared, and I don't look for scholar stuff.

Message 4 of 13
Ben-Weiss

Hi @bespel !

Thanks for your question; we've been having conversations internally about publishing a white paper or other technical document for generative design, but it's not ready for release yet. I can tell you that generative does not currently take buckling into account, though it's something we're looking at incorporating in the future.

I did some looking on the Autodesk University archives, and the handout from Robert Savage's lab "Fusion 360 Introduction to Generative Design" provides a few insights into the generative design algorithm (link; pages 5-6), though not at nearly the depth you are looking for. Kenny taught a great lab last fall at AU Vegas, but sadly it wasn't recorded.

I share your frustration; it seems like generative is a "black box" where it's not easy to tell what inputs will produce the output you want to create, or what caused a particular result to look that way. I work on the generative algorithm itself, and sometimes I end up scratching my head too!

Hope that helps!

Ben

Ben Weiss
Senior Research Engineer
Message 5 of 13
bespel
in reply to: Ben-Weiss

@Ben-Weiss  Thank you Ben!!!

I really , really, appreciate your post. Thanks!

Message 6 of 13
Ben-Weiss

Sure thing! Sorry I wasn't able to give a more satisfying answer...

Ben Weiss
Senior Research Engineer
Message 7 of 13
Ken_Graham
in reply to: Ben-Weiss

Dear @Ben-Weiss , some time has passed. Any progress? I'm doing a project on AI and ML for my YouTube channel "Make Tech Pty Ltd

Can you release a high level diagram of some sort?

I'm really looking forward to diving into this topic.

Thanks,

Ken

Message 8 of 13
Ben-Weiss
in reply to: Ken_Graham

Hi @Ken_Graham,

No update from my side, sadly. I think the person who might best know about this kind of white paper is @I_Forge_KC, who's been asking me questions like this for years and recently came to work for Autodesk in the generative business side. Kenny, do you know of a white paper we can share publicly?

Best,

Ben

Ben Weiss
Senior Research Engineer
Message 9 of 13
I_Forge_KC

Thanks for the tag, Ben.

I don't know of anything I can share publicly, but I would say to be on the look out later in the summer for such a paper 😉

K. Cornett
Generative Design Consultant / Trainer

Message 10 of 13
Ken_Graham
in reply to: I_Forge_KC

@Ben-Weiss @I_Forge_KC 

Ok cool. Thanks 👍

Message 11 of 13

Hi Kenny, any update on this paper?
Message 12 of 13
mech18392087
in reply to: I_Forge_KC

Its 2023, April, do we have any updates on this matter? Thanks.
Message 13 of 13
I_Forge_KC
in reply to: mech18392087

Unfortunately, I am no longer an employee. As a marketer, my priorities were often pulled away from things like this (despite it being my passion). With that said, I hope someone pulls something together! It is desperately needed, though investment priorities across both product and marketing aren't always aligned with what customers actually ask for.

K. Cornett
Generative Design Consultant / Trainer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report