Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion not responding when trying to rotate or mirror 74 lines

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ovisopa
594 Views, 3 Replies

Fusion not responding when trying to rotate or mirror 74 lines

Hello guys,

this one drives me crazy, I don't know why is so hard for Fusion to move / copy or mirror those lines, I tried multiple times, first with MIRROR function, it didn't work (fusion not responding, I had to force close it), than I tried using MOVE COPY command -> Create copy, rotated the objects perfectly, but when I hit OK, again it's not responding anymore ... and it's been more than 30 minutes since I try the **** rotation.

I know now it's easier to draw again the lines, but than why would fusion add a pattern feature if everytime I have to pattern many objects, it crashes, or I get warnings from fusion that I selected to many objects (or something like that, I remember a few months ago I seen such a warning, but not now).

Is it my computers fault ? (old i5, 16GB ram, GT 1030 video card) 

fusion crash on move copy or mirror again.jpg

fusion crash on move copy or mirror.jpg

steel plate waiting for fusion to let me rotate the lines.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LeonardoBN
in reply to: ovisopa

Wow, that is a lot of profiles.

If you really want to mirror them, try disabling Show Profile in the Sketch Pallete. Do you need only the lines? If you check again Show Profile...you will have the same problem.

Captura de tela 2020-07-03 14.25.39.png

Leonardo Brunelli do Nascimento
Chemical Engineer
Message 3 of 4
ovisopa
in reply to: LeonardoBN

Thanks for the quick reply, but what's the trick with this SHOW PROFILE option, why does it work with it unchecked and it doesn't with it checked ? I just googled for SHOW PROFILE option, not much information ...

Fusion360 Blackbox bookFusion360 Blackbox book

With that checkbox unchecked it worked instantly on my PC too, so it's not my PC fault ...
image.png

And a few minutes later, the diagonal engraving is done ... after so much struggle, because of a stupid checkbox, I'm curious now when I will need that checkbox again 🙂

image.png

Message 4 of 4
LeonardoBN
in reply to: ovisopa

@jeff_strater talked about this earlier:

Speed of Horizontal/Vertical vs. Parallel/Perpendicular constraints in sketch

Leonardo Brunelli do Nascimento
Chemical Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report