Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Extrude to 2 angled face objects

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
formsR28H6
313 Views, 3 Replies

Extrude to 2 angled face objects

I am a noobie, been using f360 for under a week and really like it, I have moved from sketchup which I used intermittently for a few years, and have succeed in creating models in a fraction of the time it took me to do the same thing with sketchup, so learning fast and very happy ๐Ÿ™‚

But I have hit something that I can't seem to find through google searches, and that is, I am trying to extrude 2 bosses from an internal angled face, vertically and cut through 2 angled surfaces / planes such that the top of the boss does not protrude above either face.

When I extrude, I can only select one of the faces (the horizontal) and the extrusion correctly pulls up to that surface, however I would like to also select the other angled face and have it only pull to the top of both.

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
davebYYPCU
in reply to: formsR28H6

You could do that with some difficulty. (Make a helper surface and extrude to object)

Easier to extrude to the top face and then cut off the excess with Split Body, using the angled face as the cutter.

Might help....

Message 3 of 4
formsR28H6
in reply to: davebYYPCU

Thanks so much for helping;

I did not use split body (dont know what that is yet) but I think I did something kind of similar.

I drew a face on the left side perpendicular to the angled surface, and then cut-extruded it right across to the right side wall outer object effectively slicing off the unwanted top of the pillar.

Message 4 of 4
g-andresen
in reply to: formsR28H6

Hi,

try it as @davebYYPCU  recommended

Screencast

gรผnther

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report